Dodge factory amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A kid dropped this amp off and asked if i could take a look at if for him.

He said he was replacing his battery under the hood and the positive wire hit the frame and now his factory amp doesnt work.

I checked all fuse's in the car all seem fine I checked the remote turn on wire to the amp and its working and checked power and ground wires to the amp and they are working.

Wondering if anyone knows what might have happend to this amp and where i should begin checking??

I doubt that it blew all the chips for the outputs. I was thinking maybe more of the line of a reverse polarity diode being shorted??

Any help would greatly be appericated

Some of these factory amps have switching power supplies in them, and many don't but I would do your normal check inside just like it was any other amp. With as many as you do a week this should be easy:)

only the true digital amps have DSP's inside of them. at this level you will need factory support but this should not stop you from doing a power circuitry check out.

Give a dealer a call and see what he wants for a new one, and then PM me after you come to and have been picked up off the floor lol lol lol...:eek:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.