DIYZONE sell Aleph2 & Aleph5 KIT

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
MEGA-amp said:
http://www.rt-audio.nl/index.php

On their home page they are praising NP and his contributions to the DIY community, but I dont see any "kits". He claims to have the parts in stock to build the creations, but I dont see any list to purchase from. But, he does have some downloads that Nelson has removed from his own site that are available to the public. A "friendly" phone call should be sufficient.

A few weeks ago i have seen some advertisement on www.marktplaats.nl a dutch trade site but not anymore. And for the info; that Nelson is willing to share with us it's our precious

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

those people that mess with it shame on you !!

Joined 2003
Paid Member
I don't understand why people are quoting me. I'm not condoning the behavior of the people that run these sites. Where I'm from, when people do dumb things and need to be dealt with, the first step is usually a "friendly" conversation (depending on the seriousness of the situation). Its not actually friendly in the literal sense, its more of "if you do it again we're going to make life painful for you". It was merely a suggestion.

Formerly "jh6you". R.I.P.
Joined 2006
Nelson Pass said:
Maybe.

Maybe you will be afraid, and maybe you won't.

Maybe you will share your knowledge and maybe you won't.

It seems that there are many artists afraid of both alternatives:

That you will not be appreciated.

That you cannot show your art.

:cool:

Papa, artist?
What about the life.
How was Vincent van Gogh?

Half could be an art
but another half should be intllectual property and its right.
More properly, at the proposion of 10% vs 90%.

I understand you tho . . . I'd like to insist that
youself could be an artist, but others should protect you.

:darkside:

Of course all this :yuck: practices are upseting us, because they hurt our sence of dignity, respect and sincere admiration. They are breaking some important rules. That's human nature that some people are ready to harm others when at the same time others prefer to be killed before they must do something evil.
If it could be some small consolation, this practices goes to show that Nelsons creations are at least worth robbery.
He has to deal with it, and especialy in case of the PassLabs products which protection means the concrete protection of some peoples existence. And thats not trivial.

I'am on the other hand not so concern about the possibility that np would suddenly cease his artistic activities ( :xfingers:).
1. / I would not be worth it. (But thats of course up ti him)
2. / It is the nature of artistical activities to always implies somes risks, risks which are in relation with the fact that youre making yours works public.
We have to consider Nelsons work as a "Gesamtkunstwerk"; and publication, or generous sharing of his concepts with diy people are part of it. Why do you think he would have wroten all this texts and articles and spend so much hours (days, weeks if you ad up, years maybe) generously sharing not only his knowledge.
This things that other "top-entwickler" are unable, or don't think to need to, do, coupled with the fact that all his creations in electronics are all underlies by conceptual criteria which are in fact exceeding the field of EE; This seldom position make him indubitably to an artist like writers, musicians and painters, like Van Gogh if you wan't.

Van Gogh, BTW : go to Arles, a small town in the south of France. VG lives there 1888, but was not very welcome. Now they are selling his name at every street corner.

At least Mr. Pass, we all love you very much.
(And please don't cut off your ear).
:)
Manu.

Sorry guys, my english is badissimo :dead:, I know

I've got a whonkin' big Pioneer Elite. Gotta have something to watch the Harry Potter movies on. It's not hooked up to cable or an antenna, though. Just the DVD.
Don't need any kit stuff to make sound for the AV system. Got castoffs from the big system.
(I keep threatening my wife that I'm going to move the big twelve x 12" subs over to the video system for Jurassic Park, Star Wars, et. al.)
It's a simple fact of life that people are going to try to profit off this stuff...but it shows poor upbringing when people actually buy from them.
I confess to a certain malicious pleasure when I see yet another thread (there's one active at this very moment) wherein the poster buys something from that guy in Europe then comes whining to the Pass Labs forum for support. Huh! If you give that guy money, you're messing with your kharma. I guess they just didn't expect it to go sour so quickly.

Grey

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.