diysmartdeep21's merged chip amp thread

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2003
Paid Member
It is my experience that fuses are too slow to protect the chip.
All STK powered amps I repaired in the past had no blown fuse but a damaged chip.
Sure you want to put a fuse in the power line and perhaps one as a speaker protector but they won't save your chip in case of a breakdown.

P.S.: On internet chatting, forums or email, the use of ALL CAPS is considered as shouting. Please turn them off.

/Hugo :)

not just STK's

Hi,

Most amps whether in modules or constructed of discrete compenents have a failure mode where one or other pole of the output stage can fail shorted. If that happens the full rail voltage can be dumped onto the speaker. Either use an output cap if ultimate quality isn't needed, some sort of active speaker protector or fuses, though these are slow, and you may still damage your speaker if the overload is bad enough.

Good luck

Stuart

sorry man ive been searching these things since very long time in...

google, altavista, lycos, yahoo, rediff, etc...but coldnt find in any of this search engines

and im not boasting myself and why are u such angry....??

i didnt make any mistake...

but im totally out of time and im directly askin u people becoz u are lot more experienced than me...

Sir its better to ask in the group of experts rather than searching somewhere ...

any way thanks.....and be cool...

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
:cop:

diysmartdeep, please respect these forums.

I have merged all your threads into one. Please do not create lots of threads on the same topic, one will do.

So far, all the questions you asked could have been answered by doing some reading of old threads here at diyAudio.

Please do not use capital letters all the time.

Thank you

Hi smartdeep,

Well it's been long time I tried those STK Ics, & was not happy with them, I always prefer discrete BJT Amps,

Regarding 4780 I think they are not available in Bangalore as yet!!

Toroidal Trans are available,, not off the shelf,, but can get custom designed.

Yes of course any value caps are available here.

My best bet to start off the project for you is try lm3886 as these are available easily and are more stable , rugged and powerfull , you will be happy forever!!!!!

:D

Thanks
Arasuk

fast rundown:
dc offset may be corrected with done using a capacitor, relay (with circuit), or fuse.

parallel amps -- you will need equal gain on each amplifier -- mismatches lead to current flow between amps which can be very bad.

my suggestion for you is to try the lm3886 single first, should get you to the 50W range.

if you need more power, bridged lm3886 (2 chips) or 1 bridged lm4780. this works only for 8ohm loudspeakers.

netlist -- (on fuses) save the chip? or the speaker?

what is the cost of a 625VA 35v toroidal transformer for LM4780 in India

In india what is the cost of each toroidal transformer which has the ratings..... of 625VA and with 35 volts for my LM 4738... ok ive searched alot for this but couldnt find ....

just tell me where can i find this at Bangalore sp road or else tell me where can i find ready made...

Ive got five LM4780 but i dont know how these sound and ive even STK which is better?

Ive searched and im tired finally

Ive got 5 LM4780 chips and also STK amps which sounds good and as far as the stability is concerned which is best

what about the higher order crossovers can i use it with the LM and with STK s

wat about the STK 4044XI do they sound good and please tell me about the stability>>>>>>>

please guys please.........

You want...
Whatever the cost.....
The best....

Many can tell you the 4780 is pretty darn good. Lots of power, whatever the crossover.
The best is always subjective. (Your choices of compromises.)
Sometimes what you need is what you want, and the price you pay is what you need to learn. So do. And learn. Whatever the cost? Pay the price.

Have fun, it'll bring you good luck.

thank u guys...

but as far as the higher order crossovers are concerned ive seen that chip amps blows ...so

My requirement is using the 3rd order passive crossover with the LM4780 what do u say....the still it will be stable???????

If its stable then really im very lucky...

what ...??

let me seee u reply....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.