diyAudio Power Supply Circuit Board v3 illustrated build guide

A short some where downstream.
Diodes often go shorted when overloaded.
The first semiconductor after a transformer is usually a diode.
If a diode goes shorted, then the transformer relies on the mains fuse to prevent the fault burning the house down.

But, use a 10A fuse on a 300VA 240Vac transformer and you are asking for trouble and deserve it.

Use the bulb tester to help find what part is drawing excessive current. Then you can target measuring to identify the broken component.

BTW, a close rated mains fuse for that 300VA 240Vac transformer would be around T1A. You have to use T1.25A, or maybe get a long life out of a T800mA fuse.

A short some where downstream.
Diodes often go shorted when overloaded.
The first semiconductor after a transformer is usually a diode.
If a diode goes shorted, then the transformer relies on the mains fuse to prevent the fault burning the house down.

But, use a 10A fuse on a 300VA 240Vac transformer and you are asking for trouble and deserve it.

Use the bulb tester to help find what part is drawing excessive current. Then you can target measuring to identify the broken component.

BTW, a close rated mains fuse for that 300VA 240Vac transformer would be around T1A. You may have to use T1.25A, or maybe get a long life out of a T800mA fuse.
I missed an error in the last sentence. Omitted a "may".

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
There are plenty of the screw terminals on your PSU board to fit all the connections needed.

Look at this photo - in the BA-3 front-end, although it's one physical PCB, it has 2 connections to the PSU, V-/gnd/V+ for each channel. (Similar to 2 separate PCB)

IMG_0437_2.jpg

You can see each channel's V+(red), GND(blue), and V-(black) connected to the PSU. I happened to use the same terminal block opening, but only because the feed wires to the circuit board were small enough to fit in one.

Could someone help with the grounding of the amplifier board and the psu please ?

I have the ground from the AC inlet direct to the chassis . I also had the amp board grounded to the psu board then to the chassis via CL60 . The fuse blew and the CL60 smoked …. Something is not quite right :)