diyAudio Power Supply Circuit Board v3 illustrated build guide

Further increasing capacitor values

1) No, that would actually make the filtering worse.
2) Leave empty. You won't need them. (well, maybe perhaps possibly if you have a horrible and nasty transformer, the input snubber, but the output snubber? Nope)
3) Where are you going to order parts from? I'll happily look and give a specific recommendation.

That said, the most important criteria are that they fit...

Electrolytic capacitor
snap-in
10mm lead spacing 2-pin (normal on 10mm, but make sure)
Max. 35mm diameter
No real limit to height
At least 15,000uF
At least 25V rated

More voltage rating will give longer life.
Also, generally speaking, a bigger can for a given capacitance will have more ripple rating, and, more life due to running it at a lower than maximum load.
105C rated caps will also give longer life since you'll be running them under that rating.

If I was to order tonight from Mouser, I'd get these -

SLP223M035H9P3 Cornell Dubilier - CDE | Mouser

Thanks a lot 6L6 for all the build guides, they are incredibly helpful!
Quick question on capacitor choice, I am tempted to go for even higher capacitor ratings for my F5 build, I have seen this on Digikey, almost 3x higher capacitor rating compared to original specs.

380LX473M035A082 Cornell Dubilier Electronics (CDE) | Capacitors | DigiKey

Is there watch out that I need to be aware of?
I am planning the rest of the power supply as; CL60 thermistors as described in the datasheet, 400 VA transformer (2x18 V) and 2 monolithic bridges (GBPC3502)

Ordered rectifiers for psu, both Mouser and Digikey show FEP30dp-e3/45 as out of stock, after sniffing around I ordered these 625-FEP30CP-E3.The only difference I see is Vr-Reverse Voltage is down to 150v from 200v, hopefully still adequate. Enough for tonight, my eyes have glazed over.

Few helps for Danilo (newbie)

Hello from Danilo (first post, newbie, Italy, Rome).
I've few questions... maybe someone want help me?

1) I would like to buy the Antek AS-4218 Transformer; how to get 18V from input AC =230V (and not 115V) ?? Is it sufficient following the 240V section of the attached schema?

2) I don't understand how to choose the capacity: In the web I can find both 10-15.000 uF and 33000 uF. How the output depends upon the capacity?

Thanks a LOT!!

Danilo

Attachments

• PSU schema.png
    PSU schema.png
    250.8 KB · Views: 757
Man, Went through all these post. I'm Building a sneaky Pete M2 Clone amp in a Denon enclosure. I've seen two different grounding schemes. First: has all grounds connecting to the star ground on the PSU board including ground from the transformer on the Chassis. Second: Two different grounding points. IEC Ground to Chassis and Star on PSU everything else. Any preferences? Also I have an Antek AS-3218 transformer so ground (Purple Wire) always goes to the Star PSU ground on either Configuration? Cheers

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Purple goes directly to the chassis. Same place the safety earth from the wall attaches. Do not connect to audio ground.

Starground on the PSU works pretty well, but the PSU ground should be elevated off the chassis by a CL-60 or a couple big diodes. CL-60 is easiest.

Check your PM

Purple goes directly to the chassis. Same place the safety earth from the wall attaches. Do not connect to audio ground.

Starground on the PSU works pretty well, but the PSU ground should be elevated off the chassis by a CL-60 or a couple big diodes. CL-60 is easiest.

Check your PM

Got it! Makes sense. Thanks! Just waiting on some bypass Caps for the full build. Dude, You are really close. Stonegate!

http://s22.photobucket.com/user/migkiller/media/20180406_093334.jpg.html

Question regarding the resistors on the PSU Board. R5-R8; it looks like the flow goes from the bleeder resistor (R9), to the LED, the resistor to the LED to R8 down to R5. Due to space constraints I only want to use the space for R6 for an Inductor. Can I jumper R8 and R7 so the circuit completes to R6 where the inductor will take over?