diyAudio Logo Competition Draft Entries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet another variation

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Here is the latest. It may be getting too complex.
However, I have managed to get the vertical height squashed a bit further. For reference, i have also included my previous two images.

Don't worry about the 3 missing images in this post. I've decided that I need to start posting a reference that works locally on my computer so I can see which posting is for which logo version.

An attempt at all tall logo...if diyAudio ever needs one. It is 240 pixels wide, just like my last entry. No color for now, though.

Attachments

• diyaudio_logo_tall.gif
    diyaudio_logo_tall.gif
    5.3 KB · Views: 107
Thanks for the input on my logo.

I'm glad you like it.

The Board Members have already approved the use of the shorter slogan. It was posted here to that effect some numerous messages ago.

It is a better slogan anyway. The two words "the" in the slogan don't add any additional meaning. Less is more.

Layout wise, the original slogan is rather long. I would have to make the type much smaller, or find a different way to lay it out.

geewhizbang said:
Thanks for the input on my logo.

I'm glad you like it.

The Board Members have already approved the use of the shorter slogan. It was posted here to that effect some numerous messages ago.

It is a better slogan anyway. The two words "the" in the slogan don't add any additional meaning. Less is more.

Layout wise, the original slogan is rather long. I would have to make the type much smaller, or find a different way to lay it out.

I was referring to the fact that it should read "projects by fanatics for fanatics"

The blurring means that it would be hard to print on a t-shirt since there are shades of the 4-colors.

It may not be convenient to your creativity, but unfortunately that is reality; if the logo is to be printed on a shirt, it needs to be in solid, non-blurry colors.

It is simply NOT possible to silk-screen or embroider a shirt with an even fade from one color to another.

geewhizbang said:
The blurring means that it would be hard to print on a t-shirt since there are shades of the 4-colors.

It may not be convenient to your creativity, but unfortunately that is reality; if the logo is to be printed on a shirt, it needs to be in solid, non-blurry colors.

It is simply NOT possible to silk-screen or embroider a shirt with an even fade from one color to another.

I think Sch3mat1c meant the second one from the top on the left. No blurring there. I like that one too. IMHO, the shadow could be made a bit more pronounced/visible by changing the angle of the light source.

I guess that is ok to print, but if I'm going to be questioned about the water aspect of a design, what is the point of the shadow? Do sound waves cast optical shadows?

The wave idea is a good one, though. I prefer the simplest ones in his batch, however the typography in each one is rather bland, the DIY isn't even on the same baseline as the rest of the letter (or sufficiently raised to look like it was on purpose).

I thought this logo was for everything not just a T-shirt? The shadow would work as a single colour for t-shirt purposes I think.

Besides, I think I prefer it without actually. ;)

I guess that is ok to print, but if I'm going to be questioned about the water aspect of a design, what is the point of the shadow? Do sound waves cast optical shadows?
Does the shadow need a point? Lol. I think everyone knows what a shadow is. Ropie's point was about how unnatural it looks with a soldering iron seemingly dipped into water. No need to take your frustration out because of that. ;)

The 'diy' is on the same baseline. And I personally prefer a more professional looking design ('bland' typography) than a clip art looking one. But that's just my opinion, and not to say I don't think your logo looks superb - but you seem to be overly critical of other people's work for some reason.

The colour I chose for this logo is quite random, and it will work with any colour I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.