diyAudio Full Range Reference Project

thanks for fix
here is my test cabinets, bass reflex.
they don't look too pretty, but sound incredible at low volume.
i use these speakers in small computer room. they are set on floor,
so computer desk space is saved.

Attachments

• f127.jpg
    f127.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 1,865
it's rectangular port in front, it's really hard to see on photo.
it's 3in x 0.75in and 3.75in deep.
top of cabinet is staffed with fiberfill (maybe i should add some more).
drivers' frames are covered with sculpting clay.
also bsc is added, which wasn't meant for this speaker, but fits quite nicely, at least to my taste.
it's 2.2mh inductor and 7ohm resistor.

Phew

I have just read this thread from the beginning. This is great work and in the true spirit of DIYAUDIO.COM. Thank you all.

I am about to build the monopole v0.2.
Are they suitable for wall mounting?
Is any felt required, or just some polyfluff or similar?
I was about to build something with a pair of Jordan jxr 6hd, most likely a 3 litre sealed cabinet, wall mounted again.
Any idea what the sonic differences might be?
I will probably build both sets in the end.
I will be using a sub crossed at about 100Hz.

Best wishes to all.

FE126 Folded Monopole?

In post 527 Dave says the folded monopole design will not work for the 126. Why? I have a set of his modded 126s on the way and was looking at that box as a short term investment to have something to try them in until I can get to something better like the Frugel Horn. From my reading it seams like it will be due to bad bass but i' not sure if i'm right. If that is the only issue then maybe I can live with it for a few months. Could the design be changed in some way to work with the 126?

In post 373 Moray James posted about his 126 based karlson/TL box and I have searched high and low for drawings but can find nothing. Does anyone have plans for it? I like the look of that quite a bit. Thanks for any input.

Folded would fit my desire to have it small. From looking at other drawings of folded pipes it looks like I would just take the pointy end of the enclosure and put it behind the lower part. I would then need to leave a gap across the top of the internal separation. Is this correct and do any drawings exist?

Does the port need to be on the bottom or what effect would moving the port to the front have?

Have a few beginner questions about the monopole design, I decided to try this one as it looks simple to build

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=843952&stamp=1139772600

Where does the 200g of fill get placed and do I use fill as well as felt lining?

Is there something significant about the rectangle behind the driver? is that a physical part of the design or just a visual reference of some sort?

Thanks