DIY vga cable for ask970

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey guys,

I just bought an old Ask Impression 970 without vga cable.Pretty nice projector for only 250$. I might posts some pics for if I get hold of a digital camera. It's built quite simlpe, almost like a DIY projector. Powered by an Osram MHI575w/gs (a bit pricy, might do some retrofitting), the light is accumulated by a concave reflector, going throug a condensor lens, after that an IR glass, through a fresnel lens, next stop is the LCD, and finaly throug the projector lens. The LCD is a SHARP LQ10PX21. The panel is a 10'' XGA panel, 100:1 contrast, 16,7m color, 20ms responstime. Gives quite nice results, considering what i paid for it.

Back to the cable. I bought a standard shielded monitor cable and a DB26 connector (same connector as on some of the SHARP panels). I tried to remove/loosen the solder cup on the cable, but to no avail. It was complelty stuck, and there was no way to open the hood(molded). Finally I had to cut the cable above the connector. I guess all monitors cables follow a standard color coding for the internal wirering. The RGB color cables give them self, same for the their respective ground cables, but then there's the rest. I guess yellow and black is for hsync and vsync, but don't know what is what. I'm now left with an orange, brown and a purple cable, whic is probably id0, id1 and digital ground.

I know i could just measure, or tested with a battery and a small bulb, but if someone got the info i would appreciate it. Currently i don't have a meter, but probably buy one soon. Ï'll attach a schematic taken from a sharp manual of the db15 connector, so you could reply with pinout number corresponding to cable color.

Thanks in advance! This is my first post, but been reading for quite some time. I simply love this forum ;)

agurk

Attachments

• vga-db15.gif
    vga-db15.gif
    26.5 KB · Views: 340
Sorted it out now!

I see i was not clear. I have the schematics for both ends, had them all a long, the DB26 wireing is different from that on SHARP. What I was interessted in was the color of the cables and where they are connected in a standard vga cable. F.ex on pin 1 the Red shielded cable goes, on pin 2 the Green shielded, on pin 6 the non-shielded Red cable goes, and so on. But thanks anyway!

Thaustvedt: Glimrende post du hadde der! Jeg brukte visst litt for mange ord og klarte likevel ikke å være presis med hva jeg mente ;) Takk uansett!

Bjarte

RE: Cable

I Have downloaded the Manual.pdf file off the web, and i'm pretty sure the pin out diagram you require is in it.(i can email it to you if you wish - 444k)
I also have just got an ask Impression 970 (for about $9!!!) but it came with no remote control!!!!
I dont suppose you have two do you :bawling: as i can not get one from anywhere (even ASK themselves - who are now known as InFocus).
Any Ideas on the remote?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.