DIY Toroidal Winding Machine

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Till , Believe if you want:
It's easyer to buy the cores than complete tranformers here in Portugal...

The machine will be made with aluminium 'cause I work well with it.

I've got some designs in my email, sent by some of the diy'ers of this forum, and I'm greatful for that.

The reason of making the machine is very simple:
Like I wrote in the second line, you can't buy easily toroidal xformers in Portugal.

Now, I'm starting with the machanics drawing... by hand first ;) ;)

Any help will be welcome.

jneutron If you're really good, you can make the bobbin inside out, load the wire on the inside of the diameter.
This could turn the machine faster, right??

I don't now... I've buyed components from some sites in Europe and didn't like some prices...

After all, there are a few diy'ers in Portugal that need some xformers too... And I think I can make a xformer cheaper than a commercial one, as I can get the cores for a low price :cool:

I've been once again, putting off some experiments. Like I have the time for them! I wanted to try a bunch different ideas I have in Transformer design. Thanks for the info on torid winders. I even have to make the cores myself. UG. idea! > I should head on down to plitron and engage their facilites. It's only afew hours away. yeah, that's the ticket.

I'm slowly gathering enough of my own commercial steam, so that when I arrive on people's doorsteps like that ---with ideas!, they don't kick me out on the street anymore. (like some sort of retard)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.