DIY subwoofer amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Matttcattt said:
i meant in the aluminium for the amplifier :)

I don't think you asked the holes for OPA549 because it's simply making a 6-32 hole/thread.
As for the OPA541AM in TO-3 package, yes, I used a sort of template. I downloaded the datasheet from TI, copied the mechanical drawing of the chip, pasted it into a graphics software and resized it the exact size of the amp. Then, I punched the location of holes using the printout as a template. And then, drilled holes. I drilled two larger holes for mounting the chip the the aluminum plate. Attached is the mechanical drawing of OPA541AM.

Attachments

• opa541am.jpg
    opa541am.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 589
And this is a prototype amplifier on a 0.25"-thick aluminum plate. :)
I used an inverting amplifier configuration with 2.2uF input cap, 22k at inverting input, 220k for feedback, 22k (or 15k, not sure) with 0.1 uF btwn non-inverting input to ground.
I'm not really sure if this is good as a subwoofer amplifier. It would be great if anybody could give me some advice.

Attachments

• 182-8292_img.jpg
    182-8292_img.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 576
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.