DIY sites

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Newbie Projects

I too am a newbie and it is very hard to understand what is going on. The Cookbook assumes you have a knowledge of electronics. I was very fortunate to find a mentor in this forum who has/is helping me understand what I am doing. All I can suggest is find other projects people have done (surf the web: DIY Audio etc..) and spend hours searching this forum for anything you don't understand. It may take awhile but it does get clearer... When that first successful project sounds just right, its all worth it.
Good luck

ok I'll be checking out the sites that were mentioned and also see if the books that were recommended is available here (fat chance for that to happen:)) I'll check out the one by weems and the cookbook.

I've already done a sealed single sub enclosure and pretty much got the design basics for that type of enclosure. Is it more or less the same if I use more than one driver?

getafix said:
I've already done a sealed single sub enclosure and pretty much got the design basics for that type of enclosure. Is it more or less the same if I use more than one driver?
Assuming you're talking about a sub, you would double the volume if using two drivers together (in phase). The impedance would be halved if they are connected in parallel or doubled if in series.

Be careful when considering multiple drivers for the mids and highs though. Dispersion and comb problems could mean major difficulties for a beginner.

Mabuhay!

if the books that were recommended is available here (fat chance for that to happen
I didn't notice until now that you're in Makati. I sympathize with your frustration having visited some of the electronics stores there. Does anyone there have a line on good quality drivers? I've seen many items from China there. Any possibility of getting drivers from Tangband being as they're in Taiwan? Other web sites include:
TNT Audio Acoustic Line Source Research Harman International White Papers (for room acoustics) PS Audio

Re: Mabuhay!

7V said:
...when considering multiple drivers for the mids and highs... Dispersion and comb problems could mean major difficulties for a beginner.
hmm... that's something that I have to read about.

Timn8ter said:

I didn't notice until now that you're in Makati. I sympathize with your frustration having visited some of the electronics stores there. Does anyone there have a line on good quality drivers? I've seen many items from China there. Any possibility of getting drivers from Tangband being as they're in Taiwan?
not quite sure about Tangband, I'll have to check the net for local distributors in the Phil. What is readily available here are Dai-1chi drivers... thier 4 ohm drivers (for car audio) is not so bad... I still have to see thier 6 to 8 ohm drivers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.