DIY Projector with a Nokia screen, India Mumbai

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

Just a noob here, but PLEASE do help me out.

I'm from Mumbai.

Taken up this project.

I was actually planning to start off with a small lcd screen and what the results come out to be.

I'v tried a few tests just to grasp the concept, which was;

• Trying to project an image from my ipod on the wall using just a magnifying glass (Sherlock Holmes kinds) lol. well it was pretty successful, gave me expected results: inverted images, a faint projection although i turned the brightness up to the max. achieved a crisp image projection of 14" (200% scaling)

• also tried to project my laptop using the magnifying lens. againg same results - 200% scaling and faint projections. ( inverted the screen using ctrl+alt+Down)

Now that i get the concept i have moved ahead to try build a small version before i invest in a big one.

So guys please help me out. my science and electronic knowledge is just at school level (basic focal lengths, concave, convex lens properties and circuits.) ( doing my CA now :p )

INVESTMENTS on THE PROJECT:

• i just brought a nokia LCD screen from Crawford. (rs. 160) (2.5")

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME OUT WITH joining the LCD to my Laptop/Ipod?

attaching pics for the same.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.