diy projector from the Philippines

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks for the information. How would a person figure out whether a driver board was good or not? I understand that you get yours specially made, but are there any places you can recommend to people who don't have that kind of arrangement?

I was thinking that the PMB100X would be a good match for the B101EW05. What do you think?

Thanks for taking the time to help me out. I've been spending a lot of time digging through the forums, but it's nice to be able to ask questions directly :)

Take care
-Justin-

Can't really tell which controller is the best for LCD. You just have to try it.

Some controllers with HDMi or DVI with VGA input only shows good image when you use PC as source but when you play it with dvd players, it looks bad. But I experienced also controllers that look bad both when you use either PC or dvd players as a source.

I had a test case in my 10.1 inch ( LP101WH2, B101EW02 and B101EW05) LCDs wherein I tried 3 different controllers.( That's alot of test mind you!) and only one will display excelent image quality both on PC and dvd as a source.

I had tried also 3 innolux 7 inch lcd , I forgot the model number, and again only one will display excellent image quality both on PC and DVD as a source. Unfortunately, the controller kept on dying on me twice already.The supplier cannot explain why and he's back to drawing board and I am waiting for his response.

Well I think I'll be ordering from you when I get the money to build a really high-quality projector. Nothing beats someone with expert experience with specific products. Unfortunately, money is tight at the moment, so I'm going to start out with some small, cheap ones to get some practice. They won't look anywhere near as beautiful as the picture from your latest, but at least now I know it's possible :)

dear herz sir
I bought benQ screen for INR 3700, when I tried to complete the finish, somehow the flat ribbon cable that joins LCD glass got problem. Now I am not able to use that. second I tried to get a used monitor, but when i stripped, I damaged the glass.

can you please let me know how much you charge for LCD screen, I have a set up of 220/330 fresnel, 310 Triplet.

Dear Sir Hertz, Hope your doing great.. the images are lovely everytime i see them it motivates me..
So i have got a MH Question. I have bought this 400W Phillips HPI-T MASTER series "Mh Lamp" ..
Philips MASTER HPI-T Plus 400 Watt E40 SLV 4500k
but i realize that it doesnot has a uv protection I am not sure i thought every MH has uv protected.. . Do i need to put uv and ir filters, how necessary are they.. my setup is 15" samsung lcd, 395x395 fresnels 220/330 and 74mm projection lens.

Controller of B101EW05 has a wealth of hidden factory settings and I discovered it.
One of which is the overscan. You can adjust the vertical and horizontal overscan. If you have 16/10 apect ratio panel. You can now correctly scale the image to 16/9 , the same as the source like bluray or dvd. And you can make the image larger if the source is 239:1 aspect ratio.

It has RGB control also same as pc. Color temp is now customizable and lots more.
DSC01163.jpg

DSC01165.jpg

DSC01160.jpg

DSC01185.jpg

DSC_0189.jpg

Got new Bluray Player!

I am seeing oil and make-up in their faces. I am not used to this ! lols!
I can also see that graphic effects and can see that its fake and unreal especially when their faces turned horror like.

Colors of course is more saturated and deeper in actual.

tried playing also in my 7 inch wsvga but it look like just watching on dvd.

DSC01232.jpg

DSC01231.jpg

DSC01230.jpg

DSC01225.jpg

DSC01224.jpg

DSC01217.jpg

DSC01216.jpg

DSC01215.jpg

DSC01214.jpg

DSC01213.jpg

DSC01212.jpg

DSC01206.jpg

DSC01202.jpg

DSC01199.jpg

DSC01197.jpg

DSC01196.jpg

DSC01193.jpg

DSC01190.jpg

Bluray

For me, I think the biggest draw for Bluray is things like nature documentaries, where it's presenting real detail. It's still going to take a while before high definition stops revealing flaws in special effects. I know I saw a demo of the Bluray of the most recent Indianna Jones movie, shown on a 100Hz hdtv -- it was totally awful. I couldn't watch it at all. It looked like a video game, and there was no possibility whatsoever of getting lost in the movie. I think the problem is that it was made by an old-school fimmaker, who is used to the way lower resolution works to make things look right. It will take some time before people learn how to make movies that look believable with all this extra detail.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.