:cool:

Attachments

• BAFFLE.jpg
    BAFFLE.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 877
  • BAFFLES2.jpg
    BAFFLES2.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 854
nice wood Nelson, its not mdf, better sonics?
Can a speaker like this handle complex music, play rock loud and not distort, or are they better for suited to laid back music?
I built a speaker kit and realised my music tastes changed to fit my system. Next speaker I build I want to be able to play everything with good dynamics and bass.
Theres alot to be said for auditioning and buying, but its not as much fun and I cant afford what I like:)

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
nice wood Nelson, its not mdf, better sonics?
Can a speaker like this handle complex music, play rock loud and not distort, or are they better for suited to laid back music?
I built a speaker kit and realised my music tastes changed to fit my system. Next speaker I build I want to be able to play everything with good dynamics and bass.
Theres alot to be said for auditioning and buying, but its not as much fun and I cant afford what I like:)

1) Yes, it's mdf :(

2) I expect they will do more on the bass, but the FR will
still have the same limitations.

3) Nothing is more fun that DIY.

> On another subject, look what just arrived.

Not to discourage you, but I had the luck of having 20 of them to measure and select that ones I might want. 20 of them of the same ranking. In the end I returned them all. Apparently they had changed with age so that they were not in their ranking spec anymore.

I guess we just have to live with Loveltech or SiC.

Patrick

Wow, a Dunlap Clarke Dreadnought.

I don't think I would tear that up for a DIY project.

It was a great sounding amp, especially after I replaced the main filter caps with larger ones. But, it went DC and destroyed a speaker. The meter switches on the front are frozen solid from age.

Well, maybe, I'll start a restoration project in Solid State and see if I can fix it up, so it's stable. It does have a history... could really drive a load from what I've read.

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
> On another subject, look what just arrived.

Not to discourage you, but I had the luck of having 20 of them to measure and select that ones I might want. 20 of them of the same ranking. In the end I returned them all. Apparently they had changed with age so that they were not in their ranking spec anymore.

I guess we just have to live with Loveltech or SiC.

I'll be testing these probably today. I'm not really worried
about matching that much, we work with what we've got.