diy proac studio 100s

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Woofer could perform better and lower bass notes if it were in a larger enclosure (20-23 litres, vent 2" by 5" or 2" by 6", frequencies F3/F6 in the 35-42 Hz range).

Whether you place 4R7, 8u2 and 6u8 in the positive or negative (as ProAc) branch, is of no consequence.
Drive units are in phase.

Attachments

• tweeter xo mod.png
    tweeter xo mod.png
    38.5 KB · Views: 253
Last edited:
Yes I have seen this on Troels Studio 101 MK1 design, he also suggests making a larger cabinet in case more bass energy is wanted. Not sure if I want a floorstander though, there is something about standmounts I really like a lot.

Thanks for you suggestion for the tweeter circuit. So I need to add 8.2 and 6.8uF caps and 1.5 Ohms resistors, right? Would be worth a shot, as parts are not so expensive. What difference will it make? Have you heard it yourself or does it only measure better?

While my job was to figure out what might be the "issue" with it (theoretically speaking), yours is to report what this small modification might sound like. Parts should be selected to cost the bare minimum. Pollin de is offering cheap and good quality small caps that you can wire in parallel to achieve specific values. For example, 10 pieces of 0.68uF mkp 250V Roderstein cost together 80 cents.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.