DIY phono preamp - cheap and simple!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

rjm

Joined 2004
Paid Member
VSPS rev. 50a

Eagle .brd file attached.

Changelog:

• Added thermal isolation of power and ground planes.
  • Added optional C8, C9, 0.1 uF ceramic bypass caps for decoupling high-bandwidth op amps.
  • Removed the alternate C3 cap mounting position to fit Black Gate NX. These caps were discontinued many years ago and are essentially no longer available.

Attachments

• VSPS50a.png
    VSPS50a.png
    28.3 KB · Views: 870
  • VSPS 50a.zip
    39.4 KB · Views: 202
Richard I was browsing today around the DCB1 sections and I found this topology diagram.

Since the cartridge output is inherently balanced, you think something similar could be done with 4 boards of VSPS or Phonoclone?

The reason I am asking is that I plan on replacing my pre with a passive one, but since my amp is balanced only, I will have to use a 1:1+1 transformer to get hot and cold signals and perhaps a buffer if the attenuated signal is not enough to drive the transformer.

So making the phono balanced will solve the transformer issue for me (athough it will make phono and pre construction a lot more complicated)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.