DIY PA Speakers Setup (Line Array)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
CD horn passif X Over with protect by Apex combine with woofer... :D :D

Attachments

• x over.jpg
    x over.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 1,155
I would be tempted to put the tweeters at the top edge, and build in mirror image pairs. For stacking, of course. If one speaker is good, two is better. Or is it "Why build one when you can build two at twice the price"?

Tweeters are only for test. On box will be array horn for 4 X 1 inch CD drivers.

Attachments

• 19800_10206416758597095_1864972149833682488_n (1).jpg
    19800_10206416758597095_1864972149833682488_n (1).jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 918
Last edited:
Hi apexaudio, I've read all this post and I want to know if you have I place with all your plans! they look peerfect! I would like to build some of them but I don't which one I should take.

BTW I have 2 legacy lw129x (they sound bad, we hear a flapping sound....that's verry bad) and they need I box for selling them! they specs aren't all on the internet, some aren't easy to find!!

I also have 2 15", no brand no model...I bought them to make PR but they sound well! didn't have any specs, what can I do with them?

I really need PA speakers! last year when I began with PA I bough 2 18" active behringer sub and 2 B112D speaker... I sold the 18" cause they didn't do the job, I build THAM12 but now I need good tops! I didn't make BIG even... I'll build 2 more tham12

So,
1- a place we can find your plans (or some plans with dimenssions)
2- do you know a box that could make my legacy subs sound better
3- what can I do with my 15" subs
4- small PA speakers, cheap and easy to build! thanks a lot!

b-freak

ohh and I also want to know which driver we should you in your box! I'm bad with this! I know they're a way to find out with something like WinISD or HornResp but I don't know how! It's my second year in audio, i'm 16yo... I want to learn ahahaha thanks a lot and sorry for my bad english, it's not

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.