DIY Ottawa winter 2013

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Trumper - Welcome ! Looking forward to meeting you.

All - I made the request to the GBCA for the 13-14 April. We should hear back soon.

Pierre

A short update: I am still awaiting confirmation. The process of booking the GBCA hall is not arduous, but it involves patience and communication with busy volunteers - always nice people - who happen to change every year. The above dates are available, and I am awaiting to hear about the cost. Will let you all know when this is finalized.

Pierre

Joined 2004
Paid Member
While we're waiting on GBCA confirmation...

Is anybody going to the (drum roll...):

8th Ottawa Community Record Show
- Sunday April 7th 2013-

St. Anthony's Hall, 523 St. Anthony St.
(near Preston St. & the 417)

Tons of Killer No Filler LPs & CDs!!!
Also: The amazing DJ Hokum will be spinning rare & original pre-war 78's. A treasure trove of golden era sounds!

Doors open @ 11 AM ends 4 PM
admission only $3.00

I've never attended, but it sounds like fun!
Pierre

Thanks for the info/reminder about that show (and the GB centre, for our event) ...I've never been to it, either, but it could be interesting. On a similar vein... the Montreal Son & Image is coming up as well. That would be March 22-24. I've been twice, and enjoyed it quite a lot; I try to go on Friday to avoid some crowds. Most items are out of my budget (I bought 2 CD,s last time), but I find it enjoyable to get a chance to hear some really high-end equipment.Try a google search for more info

Might see you there, Pierre. FYI - Wolfgang & I went to the Montreal show together last year, and I know he enjoyed it quite a bit. I do have to talk to him w.r.t. both the Montreal show and our upcoming DIY meet.

And I also know that Mark was spotted in Lowe's a week or so ago (by my son, Gabriel). Maybe he was picking up some wood for a project he's bringing to our meet. We know that he's usually wrapping up the build within 24 hours of our get-together!

- Ron

Joined 2004
Paid Member
:):):) 2013 Ottawa DIY Audio Gathering :):):)

All DIYers are invited to this event. There will be a range of gear and music to listen to in a casual atmosphere :cloud9:.

Where:
At the General Burns Park and Community Centre
107 Chesterton Drive (86 Argue Drive)
This is east of Merivale Road, and south of Meadowlands Drive

When:
Saturday 13 April from 12 (noon) to 7 pm, and
Sunday 14 April from 9 am to 7 pm

Schedule:
Setup and photo of equipment in the morning
Brown bag lunch (there is a fridge to keep food and beverages cold)
A seminar :µphone:
Listening to :note: throughout the afternoon
Pizza dinner
Trades (DIYers like to reuse and recycle ;))
Pack and clean up after dinner.

How much: A small fee to cover rental of the room. This is a not-for-profit event.

Parking :car:: Is free and close by

Who will be there: Old timers and new comers. Feel free to drop by :yes:

Looking forward to seeing you soon. Till then, happy building and listening!

:):):) 2013 Ottawa DIY Audio Gathering :):):)

All DIYers are invited to this event. There will be a range of gear and music to listen to in a casual atmosphere :cloud9:.

Where:
At the General Burns Park and Community Centre
107 Chesterton Drive (86 Argue Drive)
This is east of Merivale Road, and south of Meadowlands Drive

When:
Saturday 13 April from 12 (noon) to 7 pm, and
Sunday 14 April from 9 am to 7 pm

Schedule:
Setup and photo of equipment in the morning
Brown bag lunch (there is a fridge to keep food and beverages cold)
A seminar :µphone:
Listening to :note: throughout the afternoon
Pizza dinner
Trades (DIYers like to reuse and recycle ;))
Pack and clean up after dinner.

How much: A small fee to cover rental of the room. This is a not-for-profit event.

Parking :car:: Is free and close by

Who will be there: Old timers and new comers. Feel free to drop by :yes:

Looking forward to seeing you soon. Till then, happy building and listening!

I will be there.

Once again a very huge thanks goes out to Perrie. If help is needed before to setup send me a P.M. I would love to help out.

Have a great day.

Tony.

Since the meeting date(s) are now posted, perhaps I should confirm that I plan to attend. I expect that one of my sons (James) will be there on 1 of the days. Too soon to say about my other son (Gabriel), since his work schedule may not allow & he won't know until "last minute".
Similarly, I've told my friend, Wolfgang - too soon to say, since his work schedule may not allow & he won't know until "last minute".

And another confirmation I have (c/r earlier posts) - Mark should give a presentation.

- Ron

I hope to show up too, not much new to share, unless I hunker down and finish a few projects (with the way work is, not much chance of that though..)..

On the subject of the Montreal show, I know its getting to be last minute, but I'd love to carpool with someone down there, to save driving alone, and split the gas.. Sunday is best for me, as I have a work project that may drag into Saturday morning. I don't mind driving either if anyone else wants to carpool with me..

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.