DIY F2 clone

I've spent a few quid on a new toy: wattmeter. Apparently, my F2J consumes 130W. :2c:

20210409-234413.jpg

Ohh.. I have a server battery backup which should be able to tell me the same information.. I'll try it.
I don't remember the drain current, but will check sometime. I think I modified the resistors to the 'recommended' values for the new jfets, whenever the f2J design was first being shared, but I don't remember anymore. I might run down right now to see my UPS will tell me the watts of that amp.

It was easy.. And I'm happy with it.
It is literally one giant heatsink, the way I have it together. I used thermal compound on the aluminum bars in the corners which hold everything together.
Drilled and tapped some holes, and that's about it.

I found my receipt from purchasing the sinks, but it was on Ebay, and the seller is no longer there.

Hi Victor,

apologies for my late reply.

I've used Wima MKS 4, 10uF / 63V.

c5.jpg

If I remember well Papa said that increasing the value of this cap won't change anything. All the "filtering job" is nicely done by the CCS.

Check out the FFT, it's dead quiet in the 100Hz region (I have 50Hz in the mains in my country):

F2J-FFT.jpg

BTW below are the square wave responses (voltage measured on a purely resistive load), 10kHz:

F2J-square-10kHz.jpg

50kHz:

F2J-square-50kHz.jpg

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: 1 users