DIY Class A/B Amp The "Wolverine" build thread

Thanks for being patient with me and all the 6 LED’s are up fee are dim. What’s my next step. Currently powered by a 1A fuse

Attachments

• IMG_2096.jpeg
    IMG_2096.jpeg
    551 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_2097.jpeg
    IMG_2097.jpeg
    620.5 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_2098.jpeg
    IMG_2098.jpeg
    560.1 KB · Views: 94
Reactions: 1 user
You need to slow down, more attention to detail. It's exciting getting close to the finish, but also where most mistakes are made. You are making good progress, and your solder work looks good.

Reread this excerpt from the build guide - slowly:

"It should read about 1.5 V if you are using the TTC004B transistor for Q101"

(..... 1.7V is for a cap multiplier using the 3503 transistor.)

Anyway, 1.3V could be okay, if you are using test rail voltages that are lower than your final rail voltages. I have had 1.4V in this case before with no problems. Could even be multimeter accuracy.

What are your testing voltages?
What are your target final rail voltages?
Did you select all the correct parts for these rail voltages? R6, R15, R17, R23, R24. Rled1 and Rled2. (I understand this is Andys kit, so I know he gave you the correct parts, but as we now know, you've been changing them on a whim)

Looks like you are sorted now though. Don't test those drivers for long without a heatsink.

And yup, the blue LEDs certainly sent everyone on a goose chase. If a build guide has an LED color, it's for a reason see:

1709324573225.png

Blue is WAY off.

Yes, I know it is nice to choose your favorite colors. But silicon doesn't give a damn about your favorite colors :D

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users