DIY Aleph enclosure possible avaiable by GP

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

DIY Aleph enclosure POSSIBLE (no guarranty) avaiable by group purchase from professional manufacturer, still workng on the price

Possible price $200~ 250 (no more than 250) + s/h inside continental US avaiable about end of November.
If interested (more than 80% possibility of purchase), please email me without payment by 09/10/2003, pay when noticed !
About me, just a audiophile and have all positive feedback at ebay & audiogon !

The information about it is as follows:

External size
H250mmxD340mmxW290mm
Internal size
W200mmxH250mmxD340mm
Weigh: ~ 18 Kg or 40 Lbs each
suitable for Aleph 2, 3, 4 & 5.

Thermal testing

Aleph-2
Heatsink size H250mmxW340mm
room temp. : 28C or 83F
IRF240 bias current : 500ma
operating duration: 3 hours
heat sink temp: 60C (140F) +- 5%

For picture:
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jsun_2k/lst&.dir=/items+for+sale&.src=ph&.view=t

Looks very interesting. Since the most difficult part of these projects seems to be threading the blind holes to attach the output transistors to the heatsink, perhaps pre-threaded and pre-drilled holes would be a great option. (and a lot easier for a machine shop to do) :nod:

PaulyG

Count me in for one

I have been using wood, but lack of aluminum tools has been the reason.
For the heatsink drilling and tapping, it looks more difficult than it is. Home Depot and other sell matched bits and taps for 3-4 dollars. I used machine oil, but other say to use water or alcohol. Either way a lubricant should make a stereo amp a one or two tap project. One last tip, drill the holes with a drill press, hand drilling will give crooked holes.
What are the dimensions, I would prefer something the height of the Aleph 30 or so.

George
tomlin@ev1.net

To answer some questions

1. the price is for each box
2. I do not have thermal data. but if it can handle Aleph 2 (100W mono) , should be able to handle Aleph 3 (30Wx2). correct me if I'm wrong.

After receiving several replies, the updated game plan is

1. I'll try my best locking the price at $200 per box + shipping
2. I'll place the order 09/10 morning so I need yuor name, exact number of order (how many boxes you want toi buy?) and desposit ($50 for each box) by midnight 09/09 eastern time from each buyer. Any trackable tracking number showing the check is sent is good enough. I accept paypal, please email me for my account and add 3%.
3. If purchase fails, deposit will be returned asap.
4. sorry for the hurry, information will be updated anytime if so needed.

Thanks !

Rus

Looks good so far.

Hard to tell from the picture. Are there balanced input connections?

How thick is the bottom plate?

Are there some vent holes in the bottom plate? Some vent holes in the bottom plate near the heat sinks and/or near the front or back plate would be good. If they are close to these surfaces that will leave room to mount components within their borders. These thinks run hot and need some vents in the bottom plate.

Are ther holes for the feet?

PCB GP for Aleph heater for the coming winter -
tentative price (only go south for volume)

A 1.2 - 2 mono sets ---> $120
A 2 - 2 mono sets ---> $75
A 3 - 2 mono sets ---> $45
A 4 - 2 mono sets ---> $75
A 5 - 2 mono sets ---> $45
shipping included continental U.S.
email me if interested ! order by 09/30/2003 !

sample photos
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jsun_2k/lst?.dir=/items+for+sale&.view=t
*** purchase with confidence, all positive feedback @ ebay & audiogon, will provide upon request ***

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.