distortion in amp Please help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I think I might have found the problem. On the PSU it has 41v ac in that is all working ok and the rail voltage is 132.9 + and - on both channels it has 15v ac + and - and that test ok. Plus it has 12v dc + and - when I test the 12dc - it test -12v but when I test the 12v + it is +21.2v must be somthing wrong with the PSU.

adlaic said:
I hooked up my volt meter to my speaker out and it read around 500mv. so i turned the pots till it was down to about 10mv and the sound cleared up after about 5min it blew a fuse.

I certainly hope you took note of the original pot settings... turn them back to where they were, try putting in a new fuse and keep your fingers crossed. If the new fuse blows the instant you power up the amp, you destroyed your output transistors the last time.

Dont go around turning potentiometers, not unless you know exactly what each pot is supposed to do (and how to set each properly). From the looks of it, you managed to over-bias the amplifier into thermal runaway.

See if you can locate a schematic or service manual first.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.