dishonest *******s on ebay

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi.Is there any black list of audio buyers?If not, can we make a black list of bad audio component buyers?I can share my black list.There are really unreliable buyers around,they threaneds us to give negative feedbacks,they want items for free,they sometimes tell lies.It will be very useful to share these buyers to get rid of them

Very difficult, you would be on shaky grounds.
it's almost certainly a legal minefield, libellous, regarded as defamation.
You could easily end up in court losing much more.

Ebay is good and bad.
You can get some good baragins but you can also pick up some rubbish.
I bought some disco lights and half of them didnt work. It cost £13 to send them back.
The seller should have checked they work before sending them out.

I sell quite a bit of software on ebay and it mostly works ok. The downside is the customer who says it hasnt arrived before giving it time. I ship all around the world so they arent going to get it next day, it can take a month in worst case despite sending it first class.

I've bought parts from ebay and generally I've been very happy with the honesty of the sellers.

One part took forever to arrive and the seller gave me a refund. It turned up last week, many months late and I have offered to send it back. I was very happy with the interaction I had with the seller over this.

The most negative experience I had was trying to buy a speaker. The guy didn't like the way the bidding was going so he cancelled the sale. Then he re-listed at a high initial price. He didn't get any bids. Last week when I looked he was listing it again, for the 4th time I think. What a jerk.

I found the speaker from another seller and bought it for a good price, it arrived without issue.

My sense is that it's simply not worth selling any high priced articles, risks are too high you'll get stung. Buying things is OK.

I got ripped off once by buyer a year ago.Sold perfectly functioning power amp to a guy in Spain.
Packed the amp bomb prove and gave him the tracking.Two weeks later my paypal account is frozen and the guy claims amp is faulty.He even provided some 'Fake' invoice for ''Bias adjustment'' which cost him 200$!!!At the end yes, he got the 200$.
BTW he's selling Nordost cables on ebay.es and 'Gon also.I don't know if it's legal to post his listings.

I confess that I don't sell much at all on Ebay, but I have been stitched up royally by sellers.
One 'character' (I could think of a far worse description) sold me 3 CPUs, at £1 each, £5 P+P per CPU. I asked if he'd combine postage, but he refused. So I protested to Ebay - who were utterly, utterly useless, and I ended up having to pay £15 postage for £3 of goods.
When the parcel arrived, he'd just shoved them in an envelope, and the postage was marked as about £1.50. I was really, really fed up, let's say. He made a tidy £13 profit!

Frankly, I think the biggest problem is Ebay. I had an issue a few years ago, and they sorted it out. But now, they are utterly spineless, and overly automated.

I don't buy when it smells funny. Overcharging on shipping (if, for one example I recall eight years ago, the text of the listing says something like "by bidding/buying, you agree my shipping charges are fair and you won't report for overcharging on shipping, bla bla" as if it were a click-to-agree legal document, then the seller is overcharging on shipping) and not combining on overly high shipping costs is just one (two?) of many funny smells.

When I was more active about eight years ago there were innumerable rules, changing once or twice or so per year. The thieves learned to get around them and the KNOWLEDGEABLE honest people learned all the way the thieves could do things and how to avoid them. Ebay boards such as Seller Central (where I often hung out learning things and watching the drama) helped a lot in this regard, and discussed how the thieves got around the rules and how to protect oneself from them, but the discussion board itself was also full of innumerable rules, was "moderated" by some paid company separate from ebay itself, and the trolls knew how to get around all discussion board rules yet continue to troll.

It (ALL the ebay discussion boards) was (and I'm sure still is) a rough neighborhood.

I bought and sold a bunch of small, inexpensive things (one of my better deals was auctioning this HP coffee cup, it went for about $55 to one of the coauthors of "The Art of Electronics"), and managed to not get ripped off. I bought a new water pump for my brother's farm tractor on ebay, it was $125 or so - the local tractor dealer (now out of business) wanted about $400 for it. It can work if you know to walk away from all the funny smells.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.