DIP digital audio receiver...?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
cirrus says cs8414 has not to be used in new designs...

:D :D Kimi!
Cirrus suggestion has a different base in comparison to Jocko's one ...Cirrus sells these ICs!! What they say is: buy our new product!
Audio manufacturers have to consider when a IC become obsolete and not to use it in new designs (to avoid problems of components supplying ). Not a DIYer! You need a couple of ICs: one to experiment and one for the definitive circuit. Who cares if the IC is obsolete? I do not!! :D

TDA15** are all really obsolete!! But lots of people is still using them!!
I found a NPC sm5847 (a really little smd bug!!) and some BB pcm1704K - aha! They're obsolete, should I have to twrow them?
I don't think so!! I'm going to build a dac with them!! :smash: :smash:

raikkonen said:
i supposed...but it's strange that nothing is left on their website...you know a datasheet, an application note...nothing!!

The DIR1703 is still being sold to customers who are using this chip in existent designs. When observing the workaround for its bugs, the 1703 is still one of the best digital receiver ICs around. TI would act quite irrationally when annoying ther customers like that without having an alternative. And they don't have one so far.

Perhaps they've been faced with some legal issues (patents...) making them act like that. The bug doesn't seem to be a sufficient justification for such a behaviour in my eyes.

Regards,
Holger

Hi. SM5842AP is discontinued I believe. So NPC probably won´t give you that sample.

Here in Brazil I am unable to get Cirrus samples. I need one CS8413 for a project (the board is ready but I can´t obtain the chip). This isn´t a mistake, I specifically need the '13.

I´d be happy to buy or trade with anyone that can get me the CS8413.

THX,
Alexandre

They may not reply at all.

There´s a lot of samples abuse going on. People will often order much more than they need (and even sell the chips).

TI OPA627 is an example. The samples recently became available again and all of a sudden dozens of offers appeared at the marketplace section and on ebay. Just take a look, you´ll see a lot of people selling these chips at half their value.

One can easily see why the sample services are becoming more and more restrictive.

Yes, maybe they could do it that way, even ask for a fee (I would be happy to pay for the devices I need).

Still, I don´t really blame them. Production of chips has a high environmental cost, it is not nice to give away samples that may end on a drawer.

Hope this isn´t too much off topic....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.