Digital Volume Control

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The CS3318 only comes in 48-LQFP. The CS3310 is basically the same thing as the PGA2311.

You can buy 2x PGA2310 DIP on fleabay for $10.

The PGA2320 I have would cost you nothing more than shipping. Surface mount is not hard if you can make your own boards. If you do everything p2p then that makes it a bit more difficult.

I would love to get into making my own boards. However where would I get the designs from? I looked at Altium Designer, but not sure when ill have the time to learn as it looks pritty complicated! atm I use veroboards.

I looked at ebay, but all that I could find was a PGA2320 (surface mount) or PGA2310 (DIP) which I am interested in, however not sure if I will be able to get more than the two he is offering, but eventually I will build a few volume controls (around 4 pairs) and would like to use the same chip.

Any suggestions?
Thanks

Ive come up with one last idea, and after some suggestions as to how logical it is!

I was looking at the LM1036 which is a volume controller with bass, treble and balance controllers. Data sheet

I am wondering if it is possible to use a Digital Potentiometer to replace the 47K variable resistor used for the volume control? (the variable resistors for the bass and treble can just be normal pots as i wont need to control them digitally.)

If this is possible, I am wondering if I should use a 45K or 50K digital pot?

An example of the pot is here

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!
Thanks guys

day1118 said:
I think I am running out of options, so shall go for the PGA2310 from ebay. Thanks for everyones help and advice.

Can someone please explain what the 5v digital is? I can build a power supply for the +/- 15v, but not sure where I get 5v digital from!?

Thanks heaps!

5V digital simply means a 5V supply that is *only* used to power digital circuitry. The reason for the seperation is to avoid digital noise getting into the analogue part of the circuit.

So it's as simple as building a 5V supply that you will only use on digital circuitry :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.