Digital Designs Z2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Perry,

Im Gonna try to get this amp up and running again since he said he will pay good to have it repaired . I will order new driver transistors for it .

Also since the pads for the driver borad are burnt off the board and i need to make the connections more reliable . whats the best stuff to use to to make better connection on the pins of the driver board to the main board?

I was thinking something like computer ribbon wire and stripping the coating off Or should i use something else?

I generally do something like you see in the attached photos. Scrape the solder mask away on the top of the board and lay a wire (resistor leg or similar) and pass it through a hole that's been drilled in the board near the missing pad. Then form a loop around the through-hole.

A number 60 drill bit is a good size for this.

Make sure that there is no copper on the opposite side of the board where you'll be drilling.

Don't attempt this on boards with more than 2 copper layers unless you confirm that there is no hidden copper where you're going to drill. This can sometimes be done by shining a bright light at the opposite side of the board and confirming that light is passing through the fiberglass where you want to drill.

Attachments

• IMG_7629b.jpg
    IMG_7629b.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_7322b.jpg
    IMG_7322b.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 72
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.