Digital Audio Burning

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
raveon said:

Would that apply for Adobe Audition too ?

I also have Cool Edit Pro - which will be the best one?

Do You have any specifik settings for resampling with CoolEdit?

raveon
:cool: :cool:

I don't know Adobe Audition.
I use Cool Edit 2000 and it works very well.
The Pro version has more features.
I simply use it for a long time, for my vinyl, because I've heard at several places that resamplig is really good on this software.
There are many options for dithering when you resample.
For instance, as my SB Live always resamples to 48k, I record at this sample rate and then convert to 44.1 on Cool Edit.
Much better than to record at 44.1 with this souncard.:att'n:
There are many dithering options, read the help file, it's very good.

carlosfm said:

I don't know Adobe Audition.
I use Cool Edit 2000 and it works very well.
The Pro version has more features.
I simply use it for a long time, for my vinyl, because I've heard at several places that resamplig is really good on this software.
There are many options for dithering when you resample.
For instance, as my SB Live always resamples to 48k, I record at this sample rate and then convert to 44.1 on Cool Edit.
Much better than to record at 44.1 with this souncard.:att'n:
There are many dithering options, read the help file, it's very good.

I saw a post at AA that said Cool Edit Pro had become Adobe Audition, which I took to mean Adobe bought whoever put out Cool Edit.

As for me, I bought Adobe Audition on Ebay, I think I got it today. I am planning on trying to make some 24/96 DAD's, from music I rip from CD's, and see how they sound. I have a DVD burner (they are cheap now), blank DVD's go on sale for less than $1 all the time now, and DVD-Lab appears to support 24/96 wav files. DVD-lab is $100, but I already bought it to author DVD's with.

Randy

Adobe Audition 1.0 is equal to Cool Edit 2.1 Pro. Adobe Audition 1.5 is significantly improved, you can manually remove visible noises keeping the original signal untouched with marquee tool, plus it can burn CDs directly, plus support VST plugins and a lot of additional features.
The best way IMO since DVD recorders and media are so cheap now, is to buy DVD recorder (I got NEC2510A due to double layer media support) and burn DVD-R or DVD+R disks, they can be found for $0.32 and it makes no sense to use CD media now.
We can make DVD-A (the best software is DiskWelder Chrome, as it supports MLP and 192kHz), but it is too expensive. To use something cheaper makes no sense IMO at the moment, as we can get only 48kHz with Wavelab 5.0 (in multi-channel, but it makes no sense to pay $300 at ebay for support of 96kHz in stereo only). May be it makes sense to use DiskWelder Bronze, as it is $99 only and can support 24/96 in stereo for DVD-A.
Then there is anther good way - don't forget that we can burn stereo LPCM 24/96 using DVD Video specification. For example the latest version of DVD Audio Creator supports 24/96 LPCM on DVD-V disks ... http://www.sonic.com/products/dac/matrix.htm
Since the created DVD-V will have no protection, we can play them on many DVD players (DVD-A support not required) as older Pioneer ones through SPDIF at 24/96 ... or for example the chip perfect player Philips DVP642 supports this feature (24/96 non protected) in addition to full PAL/NTSC support, transcoder and DivX abilities.
This is a solution to save rare LPs and make them sound even better, then originals, without noises and clicks ... because Adobe Audition 1.5 is a great tool for manual restorations!
http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/53361
http://www.scte.org/documents/pdf/issue8.pdf

Re: resampling

raveon said:
To all you guys.

I have read with great interest all your remarks - and think that I have learned a lot.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You should be careful about using all these programs. Digital manipulation affects quality and sound just as analogue. The more processing, the more change. Just listen to the way different CDRs sound. Generally, ther cheaper the worse.:smash:

erko said:
Hello,

I use this tool to enhance/upsamle my cd's to 24/96 format.
But you can also use this tool to make an dvd-v datafiles from you 24/96 wav files on your pc.
You can try for free 2 weeks I think, after that it'll cost around Euro 60.
www.eximius.nl
The product is called dvd+audio.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have found a better way! Download foobar2000 which can play 2496 wav and aiff files, allowing playlists to be compiled. It has an upsampling function allowing CDs to be played real time at 96k (bit depth not specified), a graphic equaliser, and a burning function. It is FREE!

Combine it's use with free DVD Ripper and Win DVD 2496 version and you can play any hirez including DAD but not DVDA and SACD.

No need to burn another CDRom in DVD format!

I sent an email to Eximius about the latest package and got no reply!

:smash: :smash: :smash:

Re: Re: Re: I'll second the Alessis.........

Hybrid fourdoor said:

Yes, but what can it play on after that??

I think you might have to bite the dust and get a DVD burner.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Completely free foobar2000 plays aiff files in CD24. You can make up a playlist. Plays upsampled CD. Best player I have used. Winamp and Media Player 9 are poor in comparison.

No need for storage space or burning at all!

:bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes:

For example the latest version of DVD Audio Creator supports 24/96 LPCM on DVD-V disks ... http://www.sonic.com/products/dac/matrix.htm
Since the created DVD-V will have no protection, we can play them on many DVD players
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is no price and no obvious way to buy this within the link. Suspect it's expensive!

:cannotbe: :cannotbe: ??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.