different ideas for ESL panels

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I do not have the Thiele Small specs, this driver is over 15 yrs old. it has a carbon fibre cone, rubber surround, 1.5" coil, i have played these in a large TL since i bought them.
I am very famalier with SEAS, done a lot of custom work with their car audio line. i forget the part #s on that, but their component set was about a grand or more. customer was happy, i found the sound harsh. tell you the truth, i have not listened to my home theatre since i heard Charlie's setup. my focus is on the stats and that stubborn x over.
if what i allready have works as i hard headed, then fine. if it isnt loud and low enough, cut it out for 10" as the box has been altered to accomadate my living room.
#1 stats, get them coated, and get more material to build my panels and supports, as they are and will be detatchable from the TL.
#2 my wife just walked in the door and now i have to go. monthly thing, let me try and repost those pics of the crossover before she goes nuts.
Ger, hope this works again. Mav

Attachments

• P2270157.jpg
    P2270157.jpg
    362.1 KB · Views: 534
  • P2270158.jpg
    P2270158.jpg
    488.7 KB · Views: 476
  • P2270159.jpg
    P2270159.jpg
    452 KB · Views: 427
building the "step up transformer" , as the connections are close, i will scrub off any eccess copper to prevent arching on the board, care of Ger. his suggestion.

Attachments

• P2280161.jpg
    P2280161.jpg
    503.4 KB · Views: 393
  • P2280162.jpg
    P2280162.jpg
    323.2 KB · Views: 361
  • P2280163.jpg
    P2280163.jpg
    413.5 KB · Views: 95
  • P2280160.jpg
    P2280160.jpg
    473.2 KB · Views: 90
thanks Ger, sorry to get off subject, some things happen so i figured i would provide an explanation. it is a famaliy matter, no one is hurt, but my projecct is on hold for a little while. Ger, if you can, kindly give me a call, 7:00 est. time, you should have a pic of the Adcom preamp on your computer, i sent it @ 12 or 16 megs, remember the screw driver i used as refffence, the "tone in" switch was fauted and i lost the paper work for bypassing a double pole relay on the board, thats why its not on the forum. here is a reminder photo of cutting the traces, cannot remember the 4 jumpers and pins that you suggested. i know it looks buggered up, just havent cleaned around it yet. if you need another high res, check your email. very large file.
my brother, Jason was in a bad accident, so thats where my head ache was posted. just to clarify for "Jason" moderator.
gotta go to the hospital. wish him luck!
Charlie, i am sorry i could not make it Sunday, this is what came up, family takes first as thats my only brother.
this is completly off subject, I just wanted my friends to know here @DIY. Mav...

Attachments

• P3020170.jpg
    P3020170.jpg
    544.6 KB · Views: 469
Trying to get things situated here, sorry for the personal drama, i guess it come with being married with a son and spending all the time your not working, on the computer or just not spending time. So let that be a message, put your family first.

I'm back, and look forward to moving on the build. Charlie, might try this again this weekend if thats ok with you. I still have to coat the panels, i guess i will degrease them with my pressure washer and some solution.

Ger, can you please check your email at home that hss a res pic of that board again. Thanks Mav

Charlie was kind and drew up a drawing of my stat supports, will try and post deminsions and measurements as well.
I am still playing with the idea of rhino lining, however, we also have primer that we use to coat "bare" metal, rhino likes to stick to a slightly scuffed painted surface, since these are bare metal, the primer is a two part mixture, all they put on the bottles is part numbers, it is probally propritary mixture. I will take some pics of it and see if anyone recognizes it. That way i can maintain a perfect 10 mill apllication with out worries of cloogging the panels and keeping my open area, a little more open. I like it as it is clear, and will better showcase the stats.

Attachments

• Nathan's_Speaker.jpg
    Nathan's_Speaker.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 398
just so i have this right

. .
<combine > combine
. .

. cut .

. .

<combine >combine
. .

. cut .

is this correct?, thereis something else i noticed on the board, here is a pic, if you need his res, let me know, Mav
here are the pics

Attachments

• P3050174.jpg
    P3050174.jpg
    787.6 KB · Views: 342
  • P3050175.jpg
    P3050175.jpg
    710.8 KB · Views: 92
  • P3050177.jpg
    P3050177.jpg
    675 KB · Views: 83
Going to Savannah Sunday, gonna try and finish cutting for the TL's and stats. I will post more detailed pics as well as the remedy for my preamp care of Ger( thanks).
I will very soon have a posting on YouTube with video, most of it will be common for builders, but maybe insightful for new comers into this field.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.