Diamond Audio D6 1500.1

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i have the amp connected and the audio sounds correct. The amp idles at 2 amps. The rail voltage was dropped to 85volts +/-, but probably due to a inadequate power supply. Now back up to 105 at idle with load at zero volume. Perhaps i'll try it in car in the morning. Didn't find the op amps yet. I see 7 8pin devices near the preamp section.

I don't see a problem with the amp but there may be a problem with the wiring or the power supply. The Astron should hold the voltage very near the no load voltage. If it's dropping at the supply, the Astron may be in need of repair. You shouldn't be getting a drop of nearly a volt with 16g wire (which should be fused with nothing larger than a 10 amp fuse, at the battery).

amp now has no audio. since it was working no work has been done. here are the SG3525ap voltages facing the pwm top left clockwise all the way around.
pin1 5.22
pin2 13.41
pin3 5.352
pin4 13.41
pin5 .052
pin6 5.35
pin7 .059
pin8 6.08
pin9 4.96
pin10 1.74
pin11 3.81
pin12 1.79
pin13 .523
pin14 .143
pin15 5.2
pin16 .053

anyone on for a suggestion? amp powers on, not in protect. Yet no output. i have tested a fair amount of the board searching for non tolerances parts. all i can find is a set of resistors in between the rectifiers and main bank of caps that read funny. they are r167 and r168. when amp is turned on one reads 110volts on one leg and .0000volts on other leg. vice versa for the resistor for neg. rail. thanks!

The muting circuit could be damaged but that's relatively rare.

The amp should produce audio with the sensitivity switch in either position. If it's not working on one position, maybe that position is the one that make it more sensitive.

Looking at the IC, the pins start at the bottom left at the dot or dimple, go to the right and then the opposite direction on the top row. Pin 16 is above pin 1.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.