Determining an older bridgable amp?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It would be nice if they had reverse switches on one, lol. That is ampguts picture but I can tear into mine later and tell you. They are kind of a pita to take apart as you can see. I should find some of those RCA terminals and drill the case, mount them in. Keep using a DIN to RCA dongle....in fact if I built a box for this I could power it off the DIN cables and not use RCA, unlikely I would use it on another set of amps anyway.

here's what I did this afternoon....

CIMG3895.jpg

CIMG3896.jpg

I added a dual op amp on top of an existing dual op amp so that I could add an inverter and buffer before the input stage so the amp could be made tri-mode capable.

It wouldn't be quite as easy as simply moving the input signal to the other pin. If the circuit was similar to the 3550, you'd have to remove the signal from the + input and ground the +input. Then you'd have to change the value of at least one resistor and one capacitor before connecting the signal line to the - input.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.