• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Destroyer x Amplifier DX HDII version.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Haha you funny guy!!!!!!!!

There is one stereo set of amp boards left from the first batch, and a transistor kit for it!!!

I need to give the aunty at the creditcard place a call to see if I calculated their charges correctly... but provisionaly the prices are
Amp set (2x pcb) $20
Transistor set $5

(bumping the transistor packages to 20) made the numbers work out sweetly.

Ok Harry, I will add you.... I will get some bucks from my wife to make up the shortfall for that set...

Otherwise all the boards and transistor kits from the first run is now spoken for.

Any further orders will now go on to the second batch preorder list... there will be about 2 to 3 weeks between the first and second batch...

I now have two webservers, 2 doamins, and two hosts trying to figure out the last problems with the catalog/checkout process... I told them the firts one to get it sorted out, gets the account.

After 2 weeks of 4 to 5 hours of sleep a night I can become quite a bitch, when dealing with companies. 99% of the crap I had was out of my control... and it seems the problems are pretty common among all hosts, unless you want to fork out hundreds of dollars for dedicated hosting and certificates...

Depending on how far I get today i might ask a few of you over the weekend to make dummy orders... I will give you the card no to enter etc... noone will be billed, they will just be test transactions.

maxlorenz said:
Hi Nordic,

How does it feel to be inside a big magnetic field?
I wish you the best ;)

Think of a jack hammer strapped to your head and you've got it. Some times there's a beat you can groove to but most of the time just annoying and seems as though there will be no end. On top of that, time seems to go backwards.

While this is happening they are trying to talk to you through some ear buds.... "Don't breath... exhale now.... only 30 minutes to go sir"

"WHAT?" :xeye:

I would like to thank you all...i feel happy watching cooperative work

Excelent group buy is running by Nordic.

My special thanks to the ones have ordered sets.

Dw1narso
Ed La Fontaine
Jack C
Atiq19
Nogoodboyo
Konfret
Westley
RKH
Meanman1964
Igreen
Cwujek
Claiborne
Touchdown
Pistol Joe
Stevox
Emmasdad
Harry3
Mikewong
Es44
Maxlorenz
Pistol Joe
Dudaindc
SteveA
Rellum
SamL
Beaman
Rabbitz
Jozua
FrancoisG
Rellum
Greg Erskine
Dw1narso

Some of you ordered to Nordic more than one set,
this means that almost 50 stereo will be distributed.

I want to thank Nordic, by this excelent work he is
doing for all of us...observe folks, this is friendly
effort, price is the cost, more shipment... was the
arrangement we made.

Of course, Nordic is authorized by Dx Corporation, to
obtain future profit related DX High Resolution Amplifier.

Once again, thank you very much, i have read all thread,
and i know each one of you as forum members and good crew
members.

Some very close friends are in this group buy, of course,
this gives me more and more pleasure..thank you guys.

regards,

Carlos

Sorry, still OT:

I think we are all indebted to Nordic and Carlos for their effort, and we all wish that Nordic's health improves steadily from now on, both for altruist and egoist reasons ;)

May the compound energy of our love reach you on your sunny country :angel:

(I am specially interested in this project because at last I will be able to study what happens inside an SS amp :D )

Regards,
M

Wow thanks guys.......
I feel so much better when its warm like now, I can actualy DO stuff. Bastards at the hospital phoned me yesterday, I must come back on Tuesday for another scan... (at their expense - so they must be haveing fun). :p At least I was promissed only a 15 minute scan this time, and apparently it is an even fancier machine I have to climb into this time...

After almost giving up after battleing for two weeks... I even started manualy programming my own shopping basket thing yesterday, my host informed me that he can put me on a dedicated server with an SSL certificate.... wich is aparently why the catalog would not process successfully... we are negotiating a price still, but I think the site will move to its 4th server in 2 weeks today...

The guy realy goes out of his way to try and sort you out....

Sam, you are sooooooo lucky.... I made a booboo counting the transistor kits... orders were 19 of 20... now it is 20/20 with you included....

For those missing the innitial boat.. there will only be a short while, between batches produced... maybe 2 weeks or so...

I guess it is not unforseeable, that one or two orders won't happen, due to life, and make those sets available for whoever comes next...

Here is a more "normal" image.

Good morning...now 5 hours morning here.

400 pounds, 184 centimeters tall, 56 years old, 3 children, married 2 times and going to the third.

Yeah!..i can figth Sumo in Japan....will be good there!

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• early morning.jpg
    early morning.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 358
I too am very greatful for both Nordic and Carlos' effort here.

Really hope you will fight back nordic. The world needs your kind.

Just realised, that i have a lot in common wit Carlos. Difference is, that i only have 2 children, i can't show more than 68 Kilo, and 167 Cm, but the rest is similar. Guess -51 was a darn good year :D

Greetings to all of you from the sunny Denmark. ( at least for today that is)

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi-Fi version of PC board - what do you say guys?

Nordic,

I spent some very pleasant time over this weekend on part selection (just writing down numbers to order later do a little dreaming) but found that the current board is very tight with space for some resistors ad capacitors. Really too tight for better than "run-of-the-mill" parts. That got me wondering if there might be a demand for a Hi-Fi version board, that may cost a few dollars more, but that would allow more flexibility in part sizes. Perhaps the second run could include a slightly bigger PC board?. I would certainly buy a set if available, perhaps other would too.

For example, I would prefer to use Wima MKP2 (polypropylene) caps for the 100n bypass caps, but they are 5mm thick and it seems that the board will accommodate only 3mm.

This is no criticism; I understand that your goal was to stay true to the original DX motto of being inexpensive; frugal PC board and part specification. But, the potential of the High Resolution II makes me wish for a little more PC board space to use better parts. And I'm not talking boutique parts, just Dale/Vishay RN resistors and the like. .

Best regards,
Francois

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.