Destroyer x Amplifier...Dx amp...my amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Lycanlk, the bridge mode was a method used mainly for marketing purposes

it is a little bit nonsense, it forces a lot our ear tollerance, produces enormous power but the quality use to be very low, audio quality, sonic qualities.

It uses, as you know, upper amplifier to work having direct signal entering, the other amplifier uses a phase inverter, a single stage, a gain one transistor to invert phase, then these amplifiers will work in push pull.... the ground is not used to connect speakers, the amplifiers goes floating and having the positive output posts connected to the speaker terminals... a really strange arrange.

Distortion is added, each amplifier channel will contribute to the double mess resultant, it is hard to make two amplifiers with same gain, with same speed and same characteristics, then we put those different things to work together... i really think this is an awfull solution that was good for factories, for marketing purposes, they could sell amplifiers offering enormous power (and small quality), this made them able to increase price, or to have advantages when compared to the competition if they keep the average price, so, offering more, bigger dirty sonics.

Sounds not fine,at least i have never listened a single one good, and i had an Audio Professional Studio to check this and i have produced several experiences, sound is usually a pain in the ,,,,,. Well, alike everything in audio, there are controversies about.

Carlos

Last edited:
UNSTABILITY found!, when clipping, 10 kilohertz, almost full power

them, if you have this observing at your scope (because board maybe) install a 470pf capacitor from the VBE multiplier emitter to ground.

Attention, this capacitor will face full VAS swing, and the insulation voltage for this one must be rail to rail voltage, in the case of the Dx standard, rail to rail is around 70 volts, so, install 100 volts capacitor there.

It is a good idea to install, having or not troubles, as this is not creating sonics problems, and if i found this in two amplifier, them you may have this too.

this makes distortion dirty, more ugly, more noisy, so, good idea to install the capacitor..watch the insulation there, not to produce short.

regards,

Carlos

When higher power is required, full bridge topology becomes superior in many aspects. For example, PSRR is much better, slew rate is doubled, and lower voltage transistors perform better.

Since we are working with inverting and non-inverting inputs on each amplifier, no signal polarity change is required.

All my high power class D stuff is full bridge (in class D it has other advantages too, like no supply pumping, or EMI cancellation).

We tend to procect ourselves from feeling dumb by regarding as bad all the things that we never managed to understand or use successfully... :D (another example: MOSFET)

BTW: That 470pF capacitor on the Vbe multiplier may dragrade THD somewhat.

Last edited:
What about to cook a Dx Pizza today dear Eva

sometimes is good to forget transistors for a while.

I have nice wine here too.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Go to cook Eva!.jpg
    Go to cook Eva!.jpg
    576.6 KB · Views: 395
Low PSSR electronic pizza (the oven), Dx Corporation patented deligth

A genuine, home made, DIY super rounded pizza using chemical growth paste... a genuine plug and play pizza, you prepare and goes direct to the oven.

The Dx Corporation crew members, that also loves to cook, just tell me and i will mail instructions to produce the delicious pizza.

Celebrating today, 300 amplifier built in the International communitty.

Try to imagine if i had good PSSR knowledge, it would be 3000!

I am creating Dx Corporation switching power supply, developed since the first resistance, by myself and without pssr assistance.

ahahahahah!

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Corporation low PSSR electronic pizza.jpg
    Corporation low PSSR electronic pizza.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 337
When I want to forget about transistors I just go out... ;) Sometimes I make good friends and I disappear for 3-4 days, during this summer I even managed to go out for one weekend and disappear for 4 whole weeks hehehe

When I want to forget about people I put some transistors, ICs or speakers together :D Sometimes I expend whole weeks without going out...

My brother is working for a foreign company too, and earning far more money than me, and he says that I enjoy life far more than him ;)

Bon apetit

Hello Rudi, i am glad to see you are around.

I have received Dx Blame ES board,not exactly received because the board is already in my ex wife appartment and she made a surgery to remove a liver stone and cannot bring to me, i cannot go there, my car is repairing, so, i will have the board in my hands, to assemble, in a couple of days.

Please, check if you have adressed your send package with my zip code, that is 54440-615, because your mail should have already arrived, it is delaying too much, maybe you forgot the zip code.

I could not see the zip code here, and Brazilien may confuse local people and may be sent to Brasilia (our Federation Capital, 2K kilometres south from here)

Wife is fine..thanks God!

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Musiken cds.jpg
    Musiken cds.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 451
  • Correct adress.jpg
    Correct adress.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 443
  • Brasília is here!.jpg
    Brasília is here!.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 437
Last edited:
It is good to see you once again dear Phong

I know nothing about Fet, i do not like them, i have hundreds here without use, i gave some tries on it and i found the sound awfull.

Well, that story i know nothing maybe because i dislike them, i do not know if i dislike because my ignorance of if they are really awfull.

Give yourself a try, and tell me the results, also, if you want, open another thread and publish your results.

- "Dx using Fets, by Phong!".... but do not do this here, please, another thread.

Maybe you will make them sound fine, i will give a try in your tested and guaranteed, modified schematic published....but i cannot promisse that, i do not like fets.

I have not build Nelson Pass amplifiers, not only because fets, also because he use complementary, and this is more complicated to find, i have no complementary, please, use the quasi complementary topology or i will not be able to try.

regards,

Carlos

When I want to forget about transistors I just go out... ;) Sometimes I make good friends and I disappear for 3-4 days, during this summer I even managed to go out for one weekend and disappear for 4 whole weeks hehehe

When I want to forget about people I put some transistors, ICs or speakers together :D Sometimes I expend whole weeks without going out...

My brother is working for a foreign company too, and earning far more money than me, and he says that I enjoy life far more than him ;)

Bon apetit

Wow... that sounds very familiar to me... :rolleyes:

Yes Duda, i also have appreciated a lot these human words Eva told us

Seems she is alike us.... it is very good to know that.

I will invite her to a pizza once again, she seems sensitive, same way we are, we, Brazilians.

Was very good to know she is not only transistorized, there are feelings there too.

Andrew t was another big surprise, he dances!, heheheh, but counting steps, of course!

regards,

Carlos

The earthquake subsonic tones together the thunderstorm drums sound

The Thor hammer hitting earth, the sledge hammer hitting an enormous metalic vessel, these sounds, only using a Dx amplifier. The sound of the universe black holes, swallowing the Orion Nebula.

This camera was unable to pick the deep bass tone, for sure they were there, and wall shaking bass for sure.

YouTube - DX AMP "THE HELL DEVIL'S THROAT"

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
Thanks for your invitation but I don't like pizza :)

Speaking about bass... This is my first bass horn, I made it 8 years ago or so. After a very long time not using it, I opened it for gluing wood properly and start using it again in my living room. I provided sound in 3 funny raves with this system during 2009 too, one in the beach :cool: Parameters are 320cm^2 throat, 3200cm^2 mouth and 140cm path length (for corner placement). Rear chamber is vented for some 40Hz reinforcement since the horn itself rolls off at 60Hz. It's far from optimum and it does not go very low but it does 130dB of low THD bass with a chip amp easily. The speaker is 15 inch. In the raves I use two more bass speakers together for reinforcement. Now I suppose you will understand why I find your test speakers funny.

Attachments

• Imagen030.jpg
    Imagen030.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 397
Last edited:
And this is a view of the landscape of the place where I got unexpectedly (but intentionally) lost during one month this summer. It's called Matavenero, it's some kind of hippie/ecologic town. No cars, only solar energy, no streets or roads, no police, no taxes, no television, no government, no sex roles, no religion, etc... I expent most of the time in a rainbow meeting that took place a few km from the village. It's 30km away from any proof of modern civilization. It was a very interesting scenario for social research (to discover what's actually right and wrong regardless of all the garbage you were teached without noticing during childhood).

Attachments

• Imagen007.jpg
    Imagen007.jpg
    520 KB · Views: 379
Rainbow flag near one of the fireplaces before a food circle :D

It's very difficult to take pictures in an event like that because some people really hate technology, you have to do it when nobody is near. I don't fully agree with their philosophy but I found that their way of thinking had many points in common with mine.

Attachments

• Imagen003.jpg
    Imagen003.jpg
    462.7 KB · Views: 129
Rave in the beach!!

Everything from the outputs of the Behringer DCX2496 to the ears of the people dancing is DIY by me. This setup used BMS 4550ND compression driver on 18Sound XT1086 horn for highs, Eminence Delta 10 on fiberglass horn for midrange and my old bass horn and two more 15" vented subs for lows (they can be seen in one of the pictures). Amplification were +/-41V TDA7294 for mid and highs and prototypes of the class D commercial project I'm involved for bass (doing around 2800W/4 ohm). All active filtered.

There was some LED based lighting too but that was not DIY :D

There were around 100 people and the party lasted for 3 days. The DJs played house music, drum and bass and other kinds of electronic music most of the time, not the preferred styles of most of the people at the place at all (there were hip hop and instrumental live performances too). However, I was told by many people that they enjoyed the music (that they would have otherwise disliked) just because of the sound quality :D

Electronic music could be regarded as an universal language (when it sounds properly).

I hope you enjoy the human side... :D

Attachments

• Imagen017.jpg
    Imagen017.jpg
    630.8 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG00030.jpg
    IMG00030.jpg
    493.2 KB · Views: 139
  • Imagen019.jpg
    Imagen019.jpg
    522 KB · Views: 129
Last edited: