Status
Not open for further replies.
Photos 5

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 457
Construction is nice...very clean and organized

Good wiring....very good unit you have made.

We are receiving informs in images from Rumania.... International press and cable television shown us images from your place...also a dog was using a public fountain as a swiming pool....hehe....nice place

Also the love dedicated to those lovely animals...our best friends.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• processed image.jpg
    processed image.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 435
Stay close.. :)
Final assembly was made, amp installed in the system...
Tonight is the big night!.. Listening test are on the run!...

P.S. The capacitor of 22NF on R10 was removed - too much treble
in my system
P.S.S. From 2K2 I went to 6K2 - input sensitivity was too much for
my source (Xindak DAC 3 tuned)

I could not find differences....but.... there are folks that say this is good

As this do not hurts, why not to try?

I think that cannot be bad too.

Close matching is something i use to do as a rule...but i have not perceived differences when unmatched pair was used (25% differences in DC gain).

There are many myths in our group of audiophiles.... some folks use 100A power cables to internal wiring, lengh of 10 inches when could use 10A cable with 100 meters length without problems.....but they prefer to have 0.000000000000000001 ohms.

1 milimeter diameter, telephone wire, could hold 34 amperes without burn in tests i made.... they travel all city long without enormous resistance...inside amplifiers, length are very small...telephone cable work fine...but some people prefer Blonde.... i prefer brunet, not so tall, big front end, big back end, and some "rings" into the hair (spanish beauty)

I think we can be free and happy accepting others ideas that make them free and happy too.

You are a researcher Gaetan.... soon you will have to replace your pillow, as head will turn heavy with data saved into memory...ahahaha..if this really happens.

Vous êtez très interessant!

regards,

Carlos

Re: I could not find differences....but.... there are folks that say this is good

destroyer X said:

There are many myths in our group of audiophiles....

Carlos

Hello Carlos

About a month ago I did go to an audio show in Montreal...

Oooofff, so much myths and lies, one guy was selling speaker wires for $8,000. those wire just have small magnet (that's he said, maby it was just ferrite beds) at one side and the guy was talking, yak yak yak, telling about magic thing from those $1 magnets on a big copper wire... I become red and just jump in the circle telling how much it was just lies, but the guy did even not know what is a oscilloscope or a sine wave, so I turn back and walk away. There was a lot of those audio snake oils sellers. A lot of very costly amps was just sound ordinary, so much peoples just like audio myths and audio snake oils, that's life.

Gaetan

Yes Gaetan.... and the worst part of this game is that some people

are able to fool themselves..... they really "feel" the expensive things as better.

If you prepare a testing, if they can detect the one match their beliefs...they will evaluate the expensive one as better.

If you prepare A to B testing (they will try to run out of this test)...result may be different.

Ask one of those guys to prepare an A to B....they will say very difficult,that is very hard, they do not have switches, they do not have conditions to adjust amplifier to the same power, or this adjustment is impossible because of dinamics, will say the speaker may cooperate to one amplifier beeing bad to the other.

Will can insist, finding the solution to each one of those problems...when no more chance to scape, they finally will say that do not believe those testings...

ahahahaha

This effort to maintain their beliefs, to keep the "status quo" is a need not to feel themselves "foule"..... something really needed in our social life.

Try to imagine if we decide to make A to B testing into our marriage!... marriage will not be stable anymore, as you will be replacing A to B continuously....not good to society.

So.... reality is something many folks do not want.

Try to imagine someone that have spent 500 hours developing a DAC and an excelent amplifier.... his design, his construction, his development.... his life.... maybe his honor inside that enclosure.. let's say containing the DAC and the amplifier...the maximum possible sonics for the guy.

Now you offer to him a chip amplifier.... let's imagine he will install the chip amplifier..... a very cheap integrated circuit, underpowered, compressed and all those things...... and them the sound turns better....much better.... clearly better for you.

Do you know that he will perceive.... cheap dirty sonic!

the man cannot perceive it as better...this will be to accept to receive the "Certificate of Idiot" as he dedicated enormous time, money and effort into expensive, special, ferrite beaded circuits and them that simple thing did that....no chance.... the brain produces the invertion and the guy goes believing.

I think the market to audiophiles is wonderfull, as to feed those beliefs you can turn milionaire...attach a glass with a diamond shape into your panel, put a lamp behing and you see the Diamond Sonic that will born...ask 30000 dollares and ready!

My rich future after the construction of Diamond Sonic amplifier you can see in the image.... Ali Diamond!

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• img_6082.jpg
    img_6082.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 316
Destroyer X Amplifier...DX amp.... myamplifier

Carlos and Gaetan
You may have noticed elsewhere that Hugh Dean has said that he uses input devices matched to better than 2% for HFE.
In the 100W AKSA, Hugh uses Nichicon Gold Tunes, and for the power rectifiers, he uses Ultra Fast,Soft recovery types.
This is the kind of attention to detail that ensures the highest possible performance from a relatively simple design.
Impressive.

Sandyk

Ahahaha.... images can have many types of understanding.

Brasil is waiting to have 550 milions of litters of Bio-Diesel this year...and decided to multiply this by 12 to 2010.

It is small..for a while...let's see in a couple of years.

The image was made because we well be the "energy" producers...so...the Arabic expression with some clothing covering head...i am not shaved...so... had some similarities.

This means "rich"....wealthy, as they are the owners of the oil...hummm..for a while.

It's OK related what Hugh told... thank you to remember me Andy, despite i do not use words as final reality...i use to check everything people tell me...even beeing someone i have apreciation as Hugh.

For instance...i have just checked one more....i have made that many times before...a comparison between the CCS installed into my amplifier and simple resistances.

I have made images, this way people may understand i really have made testings.

If you have readed something i use to write.. i do not believe in nothing that was not tested, not compared into A to B... i do not even believe in my analisis, as we use to fool ourselves...you see that i use to repeat to "check myself once more".... no way to me to believe...i have to see, sniff, test,listen, measure, compare ... and i use to do this repeated times.

People foll themselves all time long.... one close friend has an awfull wife...she seems to be a crash of a truck against a Volkswagen beetle.... he use to say she is beautifull..... i cannot see where?

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• do you recognize.jpg
    do you recognize.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 284
I have tried the CCS once more.... the amplifier reduced the sensitivity

of course was adjusted...bias and offset adjusted once more...all voltages checked.

Sound was "undecided".... something that was afraid to get out from the speaker.

I was listening Norah Jones....Not too late..... as you see folks, i use to read forum, and to listen suggestions and to check them all.

Sounded bad...really worst.... seemed to have sligtly more treble....but more distorted the treble..... sound was something flat (not equalizer... flat related peaks of dinamics)

Bah!...is the expression about the result...point to resistances into long tail.... null to CCS!

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• ccs tried once more.jpg
    ccs tried once more.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 279
I also asked my neighboor help to evaluate..the guy is audiophile

and a good friend too...we can go kidding.

When he knew i was using CCS (more modern=better) he fast detected the amplifier was playing with CCS (watching cables..ahahaha!) and said the CCS one is more "fluid"

I said that fluid was leaking from his brain, probably melted.

He finally said the standard sonics (resistance into long tail as load) was better...but was a blind CCS with different musics...he could not detect anything more.

My treble reforcement capacitor, that one in parallel with R10 (because my speakers are mufled, also environment, also old ears) was removed....also i had to include a resistance into the VAS emitter, as CCS voltage is bigger than the 600 milivolts i have using resistances....the emitter resistance hold some milivolts and the transistor operated in the same point (614 milivolts from base to emitter)

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• have to compensate.jpg
    have to compensate.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 265
Input capacitor is still beeing used...as there are some signals

not entirelly filtered from CD output...those ones can enter the amplifier...and Dx amplifier can amplify 100 Megahertz (this is not good) and be disturbed.

Capacitor is there.... sometimes it can help.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• input capacitor is beeing used.jpg
    input capacitor is beeing used.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 262
Status
Not open for further replies.