Destroyer x Amplifier...Dx amp...my amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a suggestion of how to assemble

The standard trimpot was used.....not so easy to adjust...but you adjust it once and never again....so.... some difficulty, resulted from standard old trimpots can be accepted, as will not bother us for long time.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• vbe multiplier.gif
    vbe multiplier.gif
    21.9 KB · Views: 596
Yes Weissi...we turn more tollerant, more flexible, as we realize that

the world is running independently related our personal preferences...there's a lot of thing to accept....and we turn much more flexible.

I hope you enjoy your young ears...and that 50 delay a lot...but reaching that point...that you will be enougth tollerant.

We miss children that grown up and go to another home, when they go to University, when they get married...and we cannot change those things...have to exercise the tollerance, acceptance and beeing happy if possible.

regards,

Carlos

Hi again

The to half sinewave disortions in my DX amp were caused by oscillations of about 330Khz.

I removed C9 and the oscillation was reduced allot, then increased C14(to 100pF) and everything was gone :).

Now the Question, are those changes (verry)bad for the "romantic sound, the nice sound stage, the good dynamics, extremely good and precise voices and a very strong punch in the bass" ?

Sonics will not loose too much with 100 picofarads.

But, if you have the chance to try 47 picofarads, 56 picofarads, 68 picofarads or 82 picofarads instead the big and fat 100 picofarads will result better.

I was observing in simulator and you will start to have some triangle shape waves when reach 50 kilohertz.

This will reflect into sonics.... better to try smaller values to check if the amplifier will oscilate with those values.

Very strange to me the oscilations you have faced...are you sure your first capacitor was 22 picofarads?

Also the feedback one...sure it was 22 picofarads?

regards,

Carlos

Yess...but it is a very happy day...my boards arrived!

The problem was error into the zip code....dear Greg wrote 54400...the rigth number, and them he decided to correct to 5440.

As a result, the board was sent to the desert.... there, one guy, a mule and a thin dog received my boards.

I imagine the guy reading the informs in English there.... he keept the package there, for translation purposes, for 2 weeks.

And them returned to Recife and sent to my home in 24 hours.

hehe....nice travel

Carlos

Attachments

• arrived.jpg
    arrived.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 411
No, Carlos, I broke the tap I use to make the thread in holes for the screws... I have another cheap one but it makes a messs... ordered a nice tap from RS tonight to replace the broken one...

The drillpress is "new" I bought it yesterday, and got a discount as it was factory repaired after a return... well they didn't "fix" it very well, but after opening it up, I found a secret battery compartment with 2 leaking penlight batteries in, which I cleaned up and replaced, and now the lazers and everything works very well... much better than drilling by hand.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Re: Yess...but it is a very happy day...my boards arrived!

destroyer X said:
The problem was error into the zip code....dear Greg wrote 54400...the rigth number, and them he decided to correct to 5440.

With an address error like that I surprised it didn't end up in another country, maybe Santa Claus's south pole residence. :eek:

My only excuse is I like watching that show, "The 4400".

It's good the postal workers were able to decipher my incoherent scribblings. They probably sent it to the secret service so the code breakers could determine the "real" address. :D

Hey Carlos, you might have to send me some sticky address labels so I don't fail miserably again. :xeye:

By coincidence, my order of parts for the DX Amplifier also shipped today. I hope it doesn't get lost. Can everyone keep an eye out, did anyone in the US see a postal van on the way to the airport? ;)

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.