Destroyer x Amplifier...Dx amp...my amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished dx destroyer x left and right been listening to music past few hrs; sounds great:), here's a pic from set up period. Had running just over hr everything was stable very cool running amp. didnt have 2sc5200 so used rohms c4278 and a1633. Very easy to follow documentation Especially for those learning like myself. Thanks carlos and those involved in development of this amp. highly recommend to whom ever considering building this amp.

Cheers ,Hayden

Attachments

• 20170607_225049.jpg
    20170607_225049.jpg
    981.4 KB · Views: 877
Last edited:
I am very busy now a days Sumeshak

I have not time enougth to have two showers a day.... busy building amplifiers and talking with friends and customers in my own forum and youtube...no time to dedicate, anymore, to non profitable actions.

Sorry because of that...soon i gonna insubscribe again related whole forum, to avoid me to be here chating as each minute is precious now a days.

I am glad you have made your amplifier...now i gonna make mine ones.

best wishes to you and all forum folks.

bye.

Carlos

As a tradition, diy amplifiers are for free...we cannot sell them here

We can create group buys with no profit.... and i did if for long time.

To sell here we have to go to a place no one go and no one see...the vendor place or bazzaar..something like that.... something almost invisible...no good place to go and no good place to be.

The place were things happens is here...the solid state forum...here we have visitors...here we have live...but we cannot...a rule we must obbey.

It was sad...when really prepared to transform this in a business i could not do it here because of rules...so....forum gave me a lot of help, a lot of support...gave me the display....the space to put my ideas....the contact with big important engineers.....but i could not give a pay back.... despite all my effort, when forum made the choice to support someone to produce a forum supported amplifier...was not mine the choice....when i was the most active...the one produced more...the one create stuff and ideas...then they select another one to be a forum representative amplifier.... sad things..bad choices.... lack of luck...short vision from forum management maybe. ...maybe great focused vision..i do not know....what i know, evaluating by results the amplifier forum selected is already in the airport and that "airplane" have not take off..stay on the ground...not a good result...i am sure i could make it better because i was free...i have free time to dedicate..and the other guy used to vanish..to disappear..... hehehehe...

I understood that i had to do in my country....and i am not seliing outside because people will point the finger on me saying that i would be using the forum as tool to sell stuff....well...envy will drive them against me for sure..then i am not exporting..only to people that does not belong the forum..disconnected to the forum that found me because youtube only...because youtube is my display......no way for people from this forum go there to buy...i will not sell.... as i am honest ... i was honest and i wil continue to respect the forum regulations.

Doing fine in Brazil....i have built an entire laboratory due to profit of amplifieir exclusively designed to Brazil..with no connection or identity related the amplifiers i used to publish in our forum..this forum..my home...my house..my place..where i belong...but cannot sell here...sadly.

I have distributed more than 3000 stereo kits for Brazil...i have paid all my build and new home, new appliances..new furniture, new motorcicle...many oscilloscopes, dozen multimeters, distortion analisers and i am doing fine...here..i am sure..i would be reaching 12000 stereo kits if i was free to go..maybe this is the reason the do not let me go...i will invade in a such way they will fear me...i work hard...i am retired..i have time..i am creative and passionate related audio amplifiers.... i can produce dozen a day...i am fast and productive.... this is a problem...passion moves me....and everyone of us..moved by passion, gonna be a great enterpreneur.

I am thinking to get out form Brazil....government no good to me..... them intend to go USA....there you gonna know me very well..will listen me because soon i will be chairman of Dx Corporation....a Global Enterprise....ahahahahahahaha!

regards,

Carlos:)

DX Blame mk3 from Jim's Audio

I've just received 2 pcbs from Jim's Audio (see attachment). One sideed, look good. It's not fibreglass but material seems to be good quality.

The main reason I bought these is that my new woofers (currently being designed) will be 4 ohm (two Beyma 10" neodymium woofers 8 ohm each per box) so I need amps capable of handling 4 ohm nominal loads with minimums probably about 3 ohms.

Mids and highs will be driven from another amplifier. I think I'll use 1kVA 2x42V toroids per box. Cheaper alternative is to use 625VA toroids. Mids and highs do not need high power toroids, probably 225VA-250VA of toroid power per channel would do so low frequencies would get the remaining 400VAs per channel. What do you think?

I went through most of this thread but it's pretty long so most likely I missed some important comments/improvements. If there were a few new guys interested in reviving this thread I'm for it.

The last question is: does any of you has a LT Spice "asc" file for it? LT spice models of transistors and diodes used? I'd appreciate if you could show these here.

Carlos, do you know what is slew rate of this amp?

cheers,

Attachments

• DX Blame mk3_Jim's Audio_R.jpg
    DX Blame mk3_Jim's Audio_R.jpg
    323.2 KB · Views: 790
Sorry, but Jim is a pirate, a non authorized seller

He asked me, a few years ago, if i could share this amplifier files with him

because he wanted to produce a few pcboards to his close friends.

I said no problem...if the intention is to feed his close friends, a small

quantity of pcboard would not be a problem.

Well, it seem his friends are the world's population as he is still selling non

authorized pcboards now a days.

I have published comments about that in this forum.

I am sorry, but i will not support Jim, helping you or someone that bougth

pcboards directly from Jim i will be helping piracy or supporting non authorized

dealer to have profit over my job that was published at diyaudio for free to

the world community to use it.

This way, get informs about this circuit from MKIII thread, the same way

people that have produced pcboards manually are achieving.

Nothing personnal, i just will not help non authorized dealers.

Sorry about the English, i am Brazilian

regards,

Carlos

There's an error in Jim Audio pcboard tracks

That error may drive the amplifier into oscilation at the negative and positive

peak of signal.

Latter on a revision was made into these files and pcboard were produced with

that correction...naturally i will not inform where is the error as i will not help

Jim to continue to sell non authorized pcboards.

Brazilians, without knowing, have sent pcboards back to Jim asking for

money back..i suggest you to do the same...these pcboards are not legal.

The one is authorized to produce pcboards belong to our forum, his forum

name is Meanman, his family name is Patrick Roovers, this one can provide

you decent pcboards.

regards,

Carlos

Status
Not open for further replies.