Destroyer x Amplifier...Dx amp...my amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the board Herman made for us

This way i can understand much better.

Values directly printed over the pcboard...without part numbers.

In the future we gonna have a thread only for that...for a while i want to associate with the Dx amplifier and the Dx Blame ES and ST..... in the future i will open another thread.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Dx Super A pcboard.jpg
    Dx Super A pcboard.jpg
    616.8 KB · Views: 803
Soon the Dx Super A circuit will be tested real life...here, one more video

After real life test i gonna open a dedicated thread to this subject and all videos will have links there...also schematics, sketches, pictures, comments and all stuff.

Dx Super A prototype board - part B - YouTube

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Dx.jpg
    Dx.jpg
    863.1 KB · Views: 489
But soon "I'll be back" (Arnold Schwartznegger)

And i will assemble and test, and adjust...the Dx Super A

Doctors will not suceed to kill me this time!

regards,

Carlos

Sorry about you challenges Carlos.
I hope all goes well and wish you a speedy recovery.
Your fan club will be waiting... ;)

(Please try not to disassemble the hospital monitoring equipment in search of components for new amps... :p)

My english is very poor ,so ,I hope you understand

The first, i am a newer in DIYer,when i find DX amp ,i love it ,it's the best that i had done in the past,Very like it ,so ,i done 5 pieces of PCB use only by myself,! i had done the first at the last year.My family and colleagues are all like it's voice ! Because like, so want to perfect it ,Fit it into the case ,Replace better electronic components ,the power is AC 30V, DC 40V,This few resistance is a little heat (R6、R12、R13 1/2W ),Now hesitate the choice of the C1.I should choose what kind ?? Please tell me you think best .Thank you very much for your guidance

The small prototype board to Dx Super A is ready to solder

I will met Doctor to ask permission to be sitted for long time.

To the ones does not know uncle Charlie, this is to be soldered at the copper side...you see that solder was melted already, preparing the surface to easy accept component terminals... this method is easier, you can inspect the circuit while soldering...you have not the copper tracks in the other side needing transparency, or lamp below to watch lines...here, all copper lines (tracks) are there for you to see.

To produce prototype there's no better way...no bad contact as you have in protoboard, no mess of wires...if you try once, i am sure you will never try the other way to prototype, because it is the easiest and most practical way to do.... there are some simple skills needed...have to solder from the left to the right if you are right handed..doing this way, soldering iron tip will not burn component cases.

Of course, when ready, adjusted, passed...then you produce the standard board style, with holes, silk screen and whatever you want/need.... this is for prototype.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Prototype board.JPG
    Prototype board.JPG
    166.6 KB · Views: 882
Last edited:
Please, do not build the Dx Super A module for a while..i have made a big mistake

I forgot important connections to the board that makes the circuit to operate dinamically...it was operating statically alike a bias trimpot.... no feedback was beeing readed and no dinamics biasing was actuating.

Because of that, please, wait further testings to assemble you unit.

Here you have a video informing what is going wrong...i forgot the X shape white wires you see...jumpers to the board i forgot:

Do not assemble Dx Super A for a while - YouTube

Next amplifier to be connected and tested together the Dx Super A module will be the Dx Blame ST..and them i will assemble the Dx amplifier to test together the standard unit.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• DSCI0716.JPG
    DSCI0716.JPG
    513.4 KB · Views: 804
Good, i hope you enjoy it.

The Dx Blame ST is much better in sonics....more ballanced related bass and treble, better dinamics, smaller distortion...overall superior quality.

I do still love the Dx standard amplifiers...but since you compare you start to perceive it has something less in the high end.....and some lovely excess of bass.

regards,

Carlos

Carlos,

I'm buying the last version of my DXAmp to put it on a chassis.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I have a 30+30 8A transformer here. Could I use this transformer with the DX Amplifier? Now I'm using a transformer of a old PX power supply, but the transformer have a problem cause it heats up after some time of using. :(

Ahahahahah.... big farts Epupa...more than your amplifier can produce!

Ahahahahahah!:).... that video does not show a very good bass because the camera is unable to record deep low frequencies... so...it sounds like a fart as you said.... really sounds this way..but i know this is due to the camera's audio recording...for sure it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-he3bM2gd8&feature=related

Blame series are more precise...no doubts about that.... these Dx Amplifier (standard) pcboards are pirate copies from China...i do not know how they sound in the reality as i have not tested...but it looks the camera have messed with the bass....this music also sounds like a fart too.

The more modern ones...the Blame series...are so good that you can smell

A good plastic surgeon can tune your expanded exaust Epupa, then the noise will be better than this one you use to listen.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.