Destroyer x Amplifier...Dx amp...my amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
A number of different ways to do it. Requires two diodes and two caps for the initial input:

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/electronic/voldoub.html

Add some RC sections for filtering, and you're done. Model it in PSUD (it's free and works very well).

The doubler increases the current pulse compared to a regular bridge, but that will not be an issue, as your driver circuitry requires little power.

Sheldon

Edit: didn't see your examples before I posted, but yes, you've got it. Here's the link for PSUD:

http://www.duncanamps.com/psud2/download.html

I am busy building up a channel and documenting/photographing smaller details. Then I will make the voltage measurements drawings etc...

Notice the non-toshibas...

Attachments

• img_0372_1.jpg
    img_0372_1.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 596
Good idea Sheldon.... doubler is fine!

Thank you very much...nice cooperation.

Also Nordic doing productive work.... and i am loosing time.... i feel myself sick so fanatic i am..... can you imagine?

Board already made... already travelling to folks and i was thinking how to reduce the board's size.... what an unusefull work.

Let's imagine that was a brain storm...good name to call someone is fanatic.... sick!

Trying to make 0.001 percent better what is already very good... stupid thing.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• fanatic is fanatic.jpg
    fanatic is fanatic.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 532
Well.... i will no more try boards...not needed...Nordic already is taking care of it

And did it very well.

I will watch this movie...once again...good movie made in Tchecoslovakia.... sound if fine and goes very well with Dx amplifier.

Dark blue sky is the name in English..... the movie was nominated for the Oscar.... fine production...nice language....nice movie... strongly suggested to watch it listening the audio througth Dx amplifier.

regards folks,

Carlos

...................................................................................................

Dear Nordic

Very nice picture....the Cannon cameras are excelent.... all them are very good.

But i cannot show this picture to my daugther...she has only 10 years old...those transistors are in a non appropriated (decent) position...hummmm... very interesting....i was good to make that.... to assemble those transistors this way.... i can remember... long time ago..ahahahahha

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• dark blue sky.jpg
    dark blue sky.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 464
I also think that a filter can do that...but...in my imagination

The amplifier, the one i am thinking that can be filter sensitive, must be "tuned" into the threshold of oscilation....you know...that miller capacitor installed with a very small value... lower than the needed value...so... the circuit is very near to be unstable.

The effect of amplifiers tuned into the threshold, is that they start to oscilate with a fast decay during some tones... this creates a bigger tone related to the length.... a reverberation effect.... produces nice treble effect, considered by many folks as brigth and clear crispy trebles.... a deffect that turns an interesting effect very appreciated by thousands..... this is "oscilations triggered by the signal"... damped..... so damped that start and goes fast into decay..but turns some tones longer than the normal.... the rich treble...the enrichment of the tone.

I think that some Radio Frequency, that is travelling around, a magnetic wave captured by the input wires, cables, transistor leads, electrolitic condenser plates, capacitor plates, pcboard copper lines...well.... captured and transduced to electrical energy...so.... detected as we use to call.... this one can cross the first stage... and easy to happens this way, as designers are using Very High Frequency transistors (VHF capable units)..... those units will amplify and will send this signal, now amplified to the next stage.

Even beeing transconductance effect....you have high frequency information sent to the second stage.... the one is the unstable VAS.... into the Threshold of oscilation... the one is "triggered" to oscilate when face this Very High Frequency signal...because the VAS transistor also is a VHF unit, able to work till 100 or more Megahertz...if it is able to do that, and receive a signal of this frequency..because of empathy it starts to amplify and worst.... starts to oscilate into another frequency too...because of the unstability... than you will have an interesting Radio Frequency scrambler as we gonna have a very crazy oscilating signal into the output... full power... full swing oscilation.

In this sense..... i also think alike you.... the input filter is alike a trap.... alike an enormous throat that will eat the entering high frequency... that will send it to ground and very fast, before it crosses the first stage.... so.... the signal will be eated, eliminated, finished, erased, deleted...before start to bother...will be sent, derived, directioned...to ground.

So... the absence of this filter....or a very bad calculation of it... can really cause some oscilation.

Mine will not do that......ahahahhaha..because it is a copy of thousand filters people is using...so..... i have joined those brains into my design (COPY)

regards,

Carlos

Thanks Carlos again!

I'm using balanced input. I connected all components by copper wire, not by copper tracks of PCB so I twisted wires as possible. Perhaps it is a reason why my amplifier still seem to be good :D

Because i'm using balanced input so I'm don't know how I should use a HF filter

Re: Yes, you are rigth dear Sheldon.... i hope everything is fine with your lovely family

destroyer X said:

Also i wish long life to your daddy, second world war heroe.

best regards to you dear Sheldon,

Health to all your crew!

Carlos

Thanks Carlos. My dad died a couple of years ago at the age of 81 and one year after my mother. We miss them both, of course, but everyone else is doing well.

Sheldon

I am sorry very much dear Sheldon.... i have your daddy picture here with you

A pitty those folks travelling to other dimension.... and empty space take our heart and will be with us till our last day.

Sorry...i have already lost mum and daddy too... and i miss them daily...and deeply...and sadly.

I accept those losses in our lives alike a crab beeing coocked inside a hot can (jumps a lot...people here put the poor animal alive to cook...crazy folks here!)

I still listen your Hawaiian songs...nice...very nice.

I wish you the best.... well....you already know that...we had some good talk in the past...nice folk you are.

regards,

Carlos

Jonas, a neigthboor is bothering me a lot... i will be very bad...very bad with him

The guy is noisy...have a brazilian amplifier... those things made to have profit.... 43 volts supply that feel down to 35 when hardly driven.... 4700uf each rail.... 4 poor devils in the output... poor transistors alike old MJXXXX....hummmm..... some copy of leach amplifier made here a long time ago.

He plays that thing loud....maybe 100 watts distorted as a hell...no bass.... they have reduced the feedback condenser to avoid too much deep bass... supply cannot hold that.... said as 400 watts...ahahahahah!

He is bothering me...he knows i am audiophile... and this sounds terrible for those noisy folks... an extra terrestrian i am.... with my little amplifier.... micropee.... micro amplifier... very small.... a toy in his mind...he saw the Dx Standard.... told pretty but very small...asked the power... i said 35 watts absolutelly clean (8 ohms)...he said his amplifier "gives" 400 watts...... and said my toy cannot compete.... called me uncle whale!

Grrrrrrr!

His amplifier is said professional...has a cooler into the front panel.... mine is simple...small.... a poor devil..has not flashing Leds..... and he is snobbing me....never listened my amp and bothering me...

- Hey uncle whale!.... wanna a listen a real power sound?

Baleia é a mãe eu digo....your mum is the whale you idiot!

Hummmmm..... i will be bad....i am preparing something to him.

latter i will tell you the speaker he has....hehe...hehe.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• jonas is bothering me.jpg
    jonas is bothering me.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 411
Well....Jona's mother is so fat as i am...so... not an offense...just reality

We both are alike whales.

But i am preparing one for him.

His speaker is those shielded ones, professional horn types that has a grid to protect the speaker.... inside a full range that is hard to move... the diafragm cone is hard to move...also the magnetic pole pieces are huge.... but the coil is weak...you see, never burned when he drive that thing to full power (100 or 150 distorted as a hell).... the amplifier transformer is a small toroidal that cannot keep the voltage stable...so..continuous power, into the threshold of clipping is small.

Those speakers use to be repaired down town.... there's some shops into street corners...people replace the coil by another one.... all them the same wire diameter..ahahahahaha.... called 1000 watts coils...that thing cannot hold 200 continuous watts, even inside the magnetic core!

I am preparing a sweet revenge... i know that 10 dollares can fix his speaker...so.... i will burn it using my "weak amplifier"... and i will pay the repair gladly... and smiling...yeesss!

I am preparing the weak unit..... 68 Volts each rail...ahahahahha.... and using 8 pairs of transistors into the output heatsink....lovely 40000 uf each rail.... the amplifier adjusted to be sensitive to 100 milivolts only...to full power.

The enclosure will be ugly...i am preparing using plywood...nothing so nice as his machined aluminium frontal panel...ahahahhaha...no fan blower..... the micro amplifier will be informed that is inside... i will tell that i would like to know if my small amplifier is able to move his special speakers..ahahahaha.

Drum and bass sound.... i will go with the CD and with the amplifier...to his house...very humble..to see if can move his speaker.

I will pay to fix the speaker with pleasure...sorry folks...no one is perfect...i am not!

Revenge will be sweet...the coil smell and smoke will be very pleasant.

400 watts of clipping signal will enter that speaker.... Jonas do not perceive distortions..the opposite...he love square waves..ahahaha.... i think the speaker will survive by 20 seconds...not more than that.... no fuses into my "prepared to kill" amplifier.... to melt his coil!

regards,

Carlos

I only discovered this thread after ordering Nordic's DXHR11 amp group buy boards.
Carlos, I'm fascinated by your entertaining and informative style, so much so that I stayed up till 6Am reading this thread yesterday.
Looking forward to listening to the DXHR11 amp, the only amp I will have owned with SOUL, no matter what it sounds like. :D

Regards,
billabong.

Status
Not open for further replies.