DENON POA-3000Z Amplifier Schematic - anyone?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Bigred said:
Thanks to Christian (godzich), Thanks to zeonrider, Thanks to Jan. THANK-YOU to everyone

Ditto here, vely nice Xmas present.

Although already a Large-Area-Parallel-Transistor OS, what squeemish output stage the POA3000-Z has for such a high power/high rails power amp.
(The 3000-Z cost 4 times as much as the POA2200, both roughly produced around the same period. The 3000-Z is more Nak PA-7 range)

Hi,

I have been away for the holidays so I have not checked my personal email, nor this forum, for a while.

Immediately when I got the POA-3000Z schematic I wanted to share it with all of you, for obvious reasons. Well - that is what makes these forums great - sharing!!! You scratch my bak and you mine... :) Thanks for all the thanks :) I knew that sending it to at least one person will take care of the "distribution"... ;)

I had a lot of phone calls and convincing to do to get the schematic (or actually the completely service manual). Finally, I found a small local repair shop that had access to the Denon service acrhives, and was able to get the copy.

Due to my lack of spare time, my POA-3000Z is still sitting on the floor of my lab, unrepaired. Hopefully sometime soon I have the time to start the repair work. I have repaired some POA-6600A amps, so it should not bee too complicated, they are very similar. Both channels have a dc-offset that causes the protection circuitry to cut in. Before my accidental short, the problem was that the left channel had low and distorted volume...

This is a great forum.

Best regards,

Christian

:)

Joined 2006
Paid Member
POA-6600A

godzich said:
Hi,

I have been away for the holidays so I have not checked my personal email, nor this forum, for a while.

Immediately when I got the POA-3000Z schematic I wanted to share it with all of you, for obvious reasons. Well - that is what makes these forums great - sharing!!! You scratch my bak and you mine... :) Thanks for all the thanks :) I knew that sending it to at least one person will take care of the "distribution"... ;)

I had a lot of phone calls and convincing to do to get the schematic (or actually the completely service manual). Finally, I found a small local repair shop that had access to the Denon service acrhives, and was able to get the copy.

Due to my lack of spare time, my POA-3000Z is still sitting on the floor of my lab, unrepaired. Hopefully sometime soon I have the time to start the repair work. I have repaired some POA-6600A amps, so it should not bee too complicated, they are very similar. Both channels have a dc-offset that causes the protection circuitry to cut in. Before my accidental short, the problem was that the left channel had low and distorted volume...
Hi Christian

I recently bought two DENON POA 6600A but one of them needs repair.

Everytime The output transistors are replaced, the amp works fine for three minutes and then the output transistors blow.

Can you suggest a line of action ?

Best Regards

Ricardo

PS.... Indeed this is a great Forum.

Ricardo,
Are you installing them correctly? Clean flat surfaces, insulators and thermal grease? Did you check and set the idle current after repairs? Are things getting HOT?? Are you using the Sanken 2SC3856/2SA1492's? Does it go into portection at all or is it just blowing up after outputs replaced? Also, I'd replace the drivers if you haven't done so already. Look into a dim bulb tester.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Bigred said:
Ricardo,
Are you installing them correctly? Clean flat surfaces, insulators and thermal grease? Did you check and set the idle current after repairs? Are things getting HOT?? Are you using the Sanken 2SC3856/2SA1492's? Does it go into portection at all or is it just blowing up after outputs replaced? Also, I'd replace the drivers if you haven't done so already. Look into a dim bulb tester.

Thank you for your prompt reply.... I will rebuild it now taking special care to the points you mentioned.

I will check the transistors and get back to you.

I believe it does not go into protection.... 3 minutes after turn on... all the output trans blow (they open like a broken egg schell).

Can you please idebtify the drivers for me ? I am not very experienced in power amps.

Best Regards

Ricardo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.