Denon DCD-510AE Upgrading

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So yesterday evening I finaly had time to change the OP-Amps. I replaced them by a pair of OPA 2134 and added the Caps.

Not THAT of a difference but I think that now everything sounds a bit smoother and most important the different instruments now sound more seperate :)

Because there are too many parts that are too hard to obtain here, I laid down my plans of the kwak clock and built a PSU for a Tentlab X0 which I still have to purchase - I´m not quiet sure if there would a difference that is worth 30 euros...

Greetings,
Maxx

So yesterday evening I finaly had time to change the OP-Amps. I replaced them by a pair of OPA 2134 and added the Caps.

Not THAT of a difference but I think that now everything sounds a bit smoother and most important the different instruments now sound more seperate :)

Because there are too many parts that are too hard to obtain here, I laid down my plans of the kwak clock and built a PSU for a Tentlab X0 which I still have to purchase - I´m not quiet sure if there would a difference that is worth 30 euros...

Greetings,
Maxx

If you can get OPA1612 try it out, it sound very good compare to the others.

I apologize for the resurrection of the this thread.

I have also a DCD-510ae and I eliminated the mute circuit and couple direct from the Elna cap with a resistor of only 47 Ohms (very low out Z), but I dont make a sort yet in the blocking caps. At this moment i dont have problems with that. I try this low Z for years in my old Pionner CD player. Any problem but the voltage of OP are others. Now I´m not sure.

Whith the 47 Ohm resistors, the current will can be near 200 mA ( OP + - 12V).Too much for a any OP. An the oder hand, whith the original out Z of 440 Ohm (220x2) this current is near as the sure 40 mA.

In think to return again to the old Z (220x2 ohms or 300 Ohm) and short then the Elna out caps.

I have in mind also the change of de OP for a OPA1612. Before I try to sort the caps. No problems if them burn.

Cheers

I return to the mute circuit.It sounds the same, but te overall sound is in any case "roll-off" at the highs.

I think the problem for this kind of tone is at the end analog secction.There are a usually input low-pass filter for limit the high "digital" frecuencies.The second OP is a Sallen-key filter.This part...hummmm...

Has any this secction modificated for a best final tone?

Thank´s

Xto

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.