denon amp protection circuit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
my son spilled a coke into a denon 810 amp. the panel indicates the protection circiut is active. i suspect there is one or more blown output transistor. i need help figuring out which ones. i have the service manual, i can't figure out how the proctection circuit works.

help?

ron

Unless you are very experienced I would recommend this to a certified techie/service. It also depends on how much liquid went in as well. If there is a lot then it may be cheaper to relpace the whole board than the cost of checking each part on the board.

Sorry to hear about the accident.
Chris

PS: Was the amp powered on when it happened. If not then you should not try to turn it on until you have clean the inside and make sure it is dry before power up.

At first put the amp in the bath, put plastic packet on trafo, try to close holes in switches, rotary switches, potentiometers, then wash PCBs carefully with water(shower) and put on your bright Californian sun until it dry. Coke conducts electricity and the protection circuit can sense the dc output. If it willn't work you can contact me.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.