Defect Transistors in Hifonics Brutus BX1500D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi im new to the forum and gettin into fixing amps ive got a hifonics brutus bx1500d i went in it to fix a solder joint that keeps melting off on one of the coils broke a heat sink screw goin back together between 2 of the irf3710s heres where my duh moment comes grabbed some wire cutters got the screw out but in the process slipped and ripped out 2 pins on a fet ahhhhhhhh lol any who am i to understand the irf3710z's are better and should i change all 4 or can i pull off just changin the one i broke hopefully i can i want my beast back lol thanks

The paralleled outputs need to match. This means that you'll have to replace 2 or 3 FETs. Find the ones that have their gate resistors (on leg 1 of the FETs) connected together. The FETs with the gate resistors connected to the FET with the broken legs need to be replaced.

The only 3710s that I've found to work reliably are the IRF3710Zs. They're not necessarily better than the original 3710s but the newer 3710s (no Z) haven't worked in any of the amps that I've used them in.

hello

Hello. I found this topic about Hifonics Brutus bx1500d.My problem is on the source. I put the amp in 2 ohm and y burned the source.I changed the transistors but one of the branches is heated.Final transistors are good, y take of him but is olso heated the IRFZ from the surse. If you help me with a diagram. ,motherboard is double plated and it's hard to watch. Y am from Romania .

Thanks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.