Deer Takes Down Hunter

Status
Not open for further replies.
gootee, you are very, very sensitive, in fact, far too sensitive to have any robust discussion with. So, with that in mind, I will demur from engaging you further.
It isn't about my sensitivity but about not conversing with someone who seems to find offence where there is none. It wasn't an ad hominem but, to illustrate my point further, you have managed to find offence, nonetheless.

Is this a round about way of saying
Only to a reasonable extent. You don't have to be in favor of hunting. That doesn't mean you have to seek or even desire its prohibition. Putting it under the umbrella of wildlife management, it isn't something I devote much thought to. Others get paid to do that.
I have shot and killed some varmints and rattlesnakes lately, but that wasn't hunting, that was safety (the only reason I own guns, BTW).

gootee, you are very, very sensitive, in fact, far too sensitive to have any robust discussion with. So, with that in mind, I will demur from engaging you further.
It isn't about my sensitivity but about not conversing with someone who seems to find offence where there is none. It wasn't an ad hominem but, to illustrate my point further, you have managed to find offence, nonetheless.

Not at all. I was only offended by your ideas and your debating style, not personally offended. Well, maybe "offended" is too strong of a word, anyway. Perhaps "irritated" would be more apt. No, that's not it. What's that emotion one feels when one rolls one's eyes? It's like a mild form of exasperation. Seriously, though, I apologize that I let myself enjoy the exchange and ended up treating it more like sport shooting than like a serious conversation. Sometimes, when I see a target-rich environment, I just can't help it. (Doh, I did it again. ;-)

I only eat the ones that won't kill me if I tried to kill them, except for kangaroo; I eat that because it has very little fat so it won't clog up the ticker and kill me. See the theme here?
(Kangaroos are culled because they eat human crops and breed like no tomorrow so I' doing my bit for the country too.) :)

Last edited:

Attachments

• mmmmm.jpg
    mmmmm.jpg
    347.9 KB · Views: 60
Wild animals can be dangerous.
Is this a round about way of saying we need to be in favour of hunting activities, culling animals, reduce their number in order to be safe?

Sometimes it's not the animals you have to worry about......dumb rednecks with guns....."I seen them bushes movin so I shot! Wern't shure what I was a shootin at, but I got it!... Oh sh!t!! Sorry man! I didn't see ya yonder thar!"

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against gun ownership, I'm against stupid people with gun ownership. I wish these people would be required to take (and pass) a real shooting class before going on the hunt and applying what they learn.

(Sgt Hartman)..."Now I know you are dumb private Pyle, but do you expect me to believe that you don't know..." Your don't shoot at a target you cannot identify! and you don't shoot at a target in where you cannot identify what is behind the target! Duhh....little responsibility would be too much to ask I suppose. Of course I wish people would learn how to drive thier cars within the law or get out from behind the wheel, but I know that would be asking the impossible.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.