Deep Thoughts..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
As I more frequently find myself standing in various places, wondering why in the hell did I come here, I'm discovering this to be a fairly accurate barometer for my general outlook at any given moment. Sometimes I'll stand there like a stubborn old mule and think, for f890's sake, I am not going back to the other room just so I can remember why I walked into this one! Other days I'll just think, oh, the hell with it, and turn on my heel almost immediately.

The fundamental difference between the old and the young is that the old were once young and they have first hand experience that youth, while interesting is wildly overrated; the young have only been young and can be forgiven for imagining that youth is the only meaningful state of existence.

Some years ago I found it more efficient to start this routine: always open the fridge and stare into it when going to the kitchen, it is most likely something inside there that was the purpose of going to that location.

It really does help, even if the purpose of going to the kitchen was something else entirely.

"Shuffle shuffle shuffle, squeak, hmmmm... Oh right! A sharp knife and one of those big tweezers for the barbeque."

Edit.
But if the item I was supposed to find has been delegated to a different shelf than last time, for reasons completely unknown to me, it will be surrounded by a field of invisibility, I get caught in an endless search until eventually giving up. So it does not always work.

Edit2:
If anyone knows a trick to disable the invisibility field around the things that are on the wrong shelf, please teach me!
For some reason my wifefinds it very amusing.

I put things back in the same spot.

When she moves them I simply have her come show me where she has put it

I put things back in the same spot.

When she moves them I simply have her come show me where she has put it

Another frequent issue is when I do give up and call her for assistance, she ends up in the same situation.

Some people have understood the concept of tidying up as: stuff everything in random boxes and drawers so that most surfaces are devoid of items. When all boxes and drawers are eventually and inevitably filled to the brim, put items behind other larger objects.

This does not help me locate my tools and items I am actually currently using!
I can sit and work with something only to suddenly discover things are missing, "where did i put it?" I didn't actually put it anywhere....

But other than that I am a very happy and spoiled man.

Edit:
So maybe my words of wisdom can be:
Young people have ideals, strong opinions and wildly varying emotional states, older people have achieved variying degrees of grudgingly tolerating individual differences

Last edited:
disable the invisibility field......For some reason my wifefinds it very amusing

When the random rearrangement scenario gets out of hand, try hiding her favorite coffee mug.......warning, you will only do this once!

This does not help me locate my tools and items I am actually currently using!

I recently spent quite some time looking for a screwdriver that I had been using. When my wife told me to sit down and think about it for a while, it became obvious that it was in my pants pocket.

Note: don't shove a loaded paint brush in your pocket when the phone rings........

Friday afternoon, I was sitting in my parked car talking to a client on the cell phone. He started to give me some info that I knew I'd better take down, or I'd surely forget it. So as we talked, I started hunting for the cell phone on the passenger seat so I could tap a note into it.

It wasn't there.

Last edited:
Friday afternoon, I was sitting in my parked car talking to a client on the cell phone. He started to give me some info that I knew I'd better take down, or I'd surely forget it. So as we talked, I started hunting for the cell phone on the passenger seat so I could tap a note into it.

It wasn't there.
you got me....I thought you were going to say pen. You are a tech victim
Every time I "Clean up" the garage, I can't find thing for the next few weeks.
but does it really matter?

Last edited:
but does it really matter?

Yes. When you have drained all the oil out of your wife's car and can't find a long funnel to pour the fresh oil in, and its a 1.5 mile walk to the Walmart to buy a funnel, YES it matters!

That happened yesterday which was also my wife's birthday. A 1 hour job took over 4 hours including the long walk to WM. She had taken my car to work.

It is expected that either she or I would find the funnel quickly since I had bought a new one, but it's gone. I suspect that it was tossed during a cleanup since the funnel and the 17 mm socket were in a nearly empty Mobil 1 box.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.