Decreasing gain on Nad 245bee

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This one will probably do the trick then I guess.

Attachments

• Ska?rmavbild 2016-11-10 kl. 13.27.53.png
    Ska?rmavbild 2016-11-10 kl. 13.27.53.png
    177.6 KB · Views: 29
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Fair enough :) a stereo pot will be OK then.

Another option is just to connect a phono plug and socket together while incorporating the two resistors for an attenuator. Or make a little match-box sized attenuator with sockets, or just cut an RCA lead and incorporate the resistors.

Lots of options.

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
This one will probably do the trick then I guess.

That one is linear rather than log... it makes no difference to the overall result other than the change in volume per degree of rotation not matching our hearing particularly well.

Linear pots are usually better with regard to channel balance though. You can fake a log law by adding a resistor from the wiper to ground. Something like a 2k2 for a 10k pot.

Fair enough :) a stereo pot will be OK then.

Another option is just to connect a phono plug and socket together while incorporating the two resistors for an attenuator. Or make a little match-box sized attenuator with sockets, or just cut an RCA lead and incorporate the resistors.

Lots of options.

Yes true. Maybe the easiest would be to just solder resistors onto the signal cable, making a special signalcable for this application. then I don't have to "destroy" the amp that is still under warranty.

I think thats what I will do. Firstly I connect a Potentiometer 10K just to test out the level I want. And then I simply measure the resistance of the POT and replace it whit two resistors that match. Solder it onto one side of the signal cable.

This must be possible to do YES ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.