Decibel Dungeon GC w/LM3875

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Bigger input cap usually 'reinforces' the bass, so with system (e.g. speaker) where lows cannot be produced perfectly, having bigger input cap could means having 'distorted' bass. That's why I said smaller cap usually is better, as long as the pole is correct (not always 20Hz when the speaker cannot produce that).

But I tried 47uF (may be I need to rebuild one with smaller cap)! I think that is what Peter Daniel used (from his picture). I just searched decibel dungeon site and I saw a BGNXQ 47uF! May be he was after the NX, not the 47uF? Frankly, I think there's something wrong with my BG N 47uF, may be it needs to break-in :rolleyes:

Erm, I actualy e-mailed the site creator and he confirmed the error... it should read 4.7ufd

also

Just measured the 10K resistor, seems to be only about 8.9k... also noticed I can stop the oscilation by turning down the input volume very low, but the moment you give too much volume, it starts to wail like a foghorn. I suspect the resistors are being up to no good on that channel and is giving too much gain...

What do you think? Would it have big impact haveing unequal gain levels, or is too much gain just bad?

Just gave the 4.7 channel a good listening too now... until the heatsink got too hot for my liking... (had tears in my eyes, I was that impressed)... bass is just in the sweetspot... put on some katie melua and even walked out into the yard... the sound just followed me, clear as crystal water... right now I am actualy feeling a bit emotional... istn't that what good sound is all about..?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.