Decent Cheap 6.5 " FR drivers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I bought a pair of these off ebay for 20 dollars shipped (I bid $9.95 and got them). They are QUITE good! I put them in my Polk RT600's. I started by running them full range (no crossover). They have great, smooth bass, a very smooth midrange, and highs usable up to 12 kHz or so. I found the extreme highs a bit missing, so I took the Polk's existing tweeters and crossed them over with a 1 uf film capacitor in series with an 8 ohm non-inductive resistor (to lower the tweeter's output and drop the 3 db point of the crossover to 10kHz).

I'm running them with a Sonic Impact T amp with its input caps replaced. These speakers sound AMAZING! They image SO well!
The stereo image is wide and deep, MUCH deeper then any other Polks I've heard! They play reasonably loud too.

The supplier must have a decent amount of these, as he puts a pair on auction every week.

It would be really cool is someone bought a pair and ran some measurements on them-I'll bet they measure quite well! The Qts
must be low-because they work well in the Polk's ported/transmission line cabinets.

Here's a link to this week's auction-like I said he sells a pair about every week, so he must have a bunch of them. They arrived sealed in their original OEM packaging.

http://cgi.ebay.com/PAIR-NEW-OLD-ST...oryZ3276QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

My only complaint is that they sound so accurate that they show up all the bad audio on TV-especially the mikes on live newscasts....

dpuopolo said:
I bought a pair of these off ebay for 20 dollars shipped (I bid $9.95 and got them). They are QUITE good! I put them in my Polk RT600's. I started by running them full range (no crossover). They have great, smooth bass, a very smooth midrange, and highs usable up to 12 kHz or so. I found the extreme highs a bit missing, so I took the Polk's existing tweeters and crossed them over with a 1 uf film capacitor in series with an 8 ohm non-inductive resistor (to lower the tweeter's output and drop the 3 db point of the crossover to 10kHz).

I'm running them with a Sonic Impact T amp with its input caps replaced. These speakers sound AMAZING! They image SO well!
The stereo image is wide and deep, MUCH deeper then any other Polks I've heard! They play reasonably loud too.

The supplier must have a decent amount of these, as he puts a pair on auction every week.

It would be really cool is someone bought a pair and ran some measurements on them-I'll bet they measure quite well! The Qts
must be low-because they work well in the Polk's ported/transmission line cabinets.

Here's a link to this week's auction-like I said he sells a pair about every week, so he must have a bunch of them. They arrived sealed in their original OEM packaging.

http://cgi.ebay.com/PAIR-NEW-OLD-ST...oryZ3276QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

My only complaint is that they sound so accurate that they show up all the bad audio on TV-especially the mikes on live newscasts....

can't seem to locate the speakers,since the bidding has ended on the item...

gychang

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.