DC Servo question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dxvideo said:
I think a DC detection circuit is for fault conditions. Because in some case there may be very high DC offset levels on outputs. And if its a fault condition (like output transistors fail) you cannot control the DC offset with a DC servo..
Ok, but in my thoughts the insertion of a servo is to control the offset in a limited width and if the circuit has faults then a servo anyhow can't help and when the output transistors fail too. Is there a need for DC detection when you add that allready in the speaker protection ? It's the last component which could get damaged when transistors fail.
With my question I meant that dc - detection circuit would help in the servo circuit when the servo has faults (changing polarity or other deseases) ... because that will/can blow the chip accordingly ... not ?

artQuake

Dx, i meant that out of andrew's post ....
AndrewT said:
No, it's a DC servo with added DC detection and cut off when beyond the range that the servo can correct.

Maybe i missunderstand that but when the dc detection's cutting off beyond the range of the servo, than also cutoff will react when servo is defect ... isn't it ? On the other hand why servo then ? :confused: Would be interesting to know how such detection circuit looks like ...

Would it substitute/replace the functions of a speaker protection circuit ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.