Dayton Audio's New 15" & 18" PA Drivers - B&C Copies?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hmm, mine look good in a sim, but IIRC the sizes were too big. To get small tapped horns require low Vas, Qt drivers.

GM

Hey GM, as Sine143 mentioned, the specs on this driver changed when they actually started selling it. It is a fairly low Vas and Qt driver, but the Mmd and Bl both dropped by about 25% from the original pre-release specs. Some of the tapped horn designs you guys helped me with back at the start of the year don't look quite as good now. I am still playing around in HR with some different ideas. I actually came up with a folded horn that sims fairly well for it size, but I am not sure I did completely correctly though. Thanks.

GM, yes those are the right specs. I will take a look at your design again - I thought you had used the pre-release specs like I did. Thanks.

Oliver, no I haven't measured the T/S specs myself. I have never done that before and I would probably cause more confusion if I did. Thanks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.