Dax-bosoz

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

Igreen,

the 10uF caps are not there. I used 220uF Panasonic FC plus 10nF Vishays. Since the electrolytics are biased with 22volts they work fine here, are a lot smaller and even cheaper! I somehow lost my fear for electrolytics (thanks Nelson) after trying them and getting much better results than with my dc coupled, opamp based setup.
Using perf board for something simple as a power supply goes much faster and you can use everything you want cause it always fits;) This is also true for simple circuits like bosoz etc.

Teake,

I wouldn´t invest in OPA627 anymore. This what what most of my preamp, phonoamp and cd-player consisted of before I changed them one after another.
I really think going the X-BOSOZ way (or similar) gives much nicer results, can be modded/changed (CS, CCS, X etc.) and is even cheaper than the opamps.
I think the question if hardwired is better than a pcb depends on the pcb and the hardwiring.
For servicing and modding a pcb will be easier than a shortest signal path possible point to point setup.

Nelson,

thanks! (not shure if it really is teutonic metal though...)

William

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.