Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS

Hi,

i'm using daphile for more than 1,5 years. I'm very happy with it. But recently i upgraded to the lastest version. Bad idea? i'm using an intel atom mini itx system. it has an internal drive. On that i have openElec XBMC installed. in the music folder is all my music. I run daphile from a usb stick. But after using the latest version i have the problem that al the folders within /music are read only. If i log on into daphile is also see lock on every folder!! I can't copy any files to the internal drive anymore. My windows PC sees the folders/files, but no copy action possible.(message, not authorized) Help needed.

Do you have 'live' or 'final' Daphile installation..
Page 6..
https://www.daphile.com/download/DaphileInstallation.pdf

all 3 are running a final installation.

i was able to finally change it after several more change/apply and restarts. it finally took. not sure what i was doing wrong.

also, 1 of my players is showing a firmware update 16.10-b281825-x86_64.
i don't see this on the web page download list, nor it doesn't show as available for my other 2 players... strange.

all 3 are running a final installation.

i was able to finally change it after several more change/apply and restarts. it finally took. not sure what i was doing wrong.

also, 1 of my players is showing a firmware update 16.10-b281825-x86_64.
i don't see this on the web page download list, nor it doesn't show as available for my other 2 players... strange.
This Firmware version is a beta version. When you don't see this version appearing in your other Daphile configs then you are using the official version on those systems, I believe (current official version is 16.07).

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Folks:

I've asked the same question a couple of times and never found a fix within Daphile:

Is there a fix for the "Unknown Album" / "Unknown Artist" errors that plague me? Rescanning doesn't help. I assume the Gracenote license is up to date. Is there a third party app that can scan the unknowns and update Daphile's records? The vast majority of these CDs are commonplace; no pan flute music from Antarctica in my collection.

The solution I found, while manual in nature, appears to be working. Those of you who are more sophisticated than me may have a better way to update tags within Daphile, but I've been using freeware called "free audio converter" (fre:ac - free audio converter) to re-rip my CDs with the correct tags. I'm running fre:ac on a network-connected Mac and manually installing the updated files on both Daphile and my back-up drive. The advantage of fre:ac for me is the ability to avoid the dreaded "error 36" messages that I would get when using other means to rip and copy CDs.

And if anyone knows how to activate the "genre" switch, please share!

Regards,
Scott

anyone have a list of wifi dongles that work and that are in production today?

i've tried the following with no luck:

EDIMAX ew-7811un
Wi-Pi
Panda pauo6

going to try my canakit today, but don't have high hopes.

thks
Havent got a list but my l.m technologies lm 001 works well, no idea where it came from though but there is one on flebay at the moment

Last edited:
hello community!
even if i'm a new user here, i must confess i read this forum for a while.
installed recently daphile on an usb stick, everything works as intended but i want to replicate that setup on sd card. is there a way to export the settings of the existent daphile usb to sd card installation?
any help would be appreciated.
thx!

So, I'm trying to setup an audio server that has Tidal support and can be controlled by some mobile (Android) application. I tried Daphile using a Virtual Machine (VirtualBox) and seems to do what I need but the sound what shuttering at times.
I have an Intel NUC I5 box that I want to use also as HTPC so my best shot would be to make Daphile work fine in a Virtual Machine and the host OS to run Kodi for example.
Does anyone managed to make Daphile work in a Virtual Machine (or don't know Docker, LXC, anyhing else? ) ?
I don't want to waste a pretty powerful machine only to run Daphile (which probably would work fine on a PI).
Thanks !

So, I'm trying to setup an audio server that has Tidal support and can be controlled by some mobile (Android) application. I tried Daphile using a Virtual Machine (VirtualBox) and seems to do what I need but the sound what shuttering at times.
I have an Intel NUC I5 box that I want to use also as HTPC so my best shot would be to make Daphile work fine in a Virtual Machine and the host OS to run Kodi for example.
Does anyone managed to make Daphile work in a Virtual Machine (or don't know Docker, LXC, anyhing else? ) ?
I don't want to waste a pretty powerful machine only to run Daphile (which probably would work fine on a PI).
Thanks !
I did run a similar setup: an ASUS UN42 (Celeron 2957u processor) with KODIbuntu as O.S. and in it VirtualBox with Daphile. No problems with this setup, but mine was only used as LMS-server with SB-touch and/or PiCorePlayer as clients. All wired LAN. I tried to use the VB-Daphile combination to play via USB to my DAC, but that did not work. I think I tried to play via the analog port of the UN42, but I found the sound not very good, so I decided to play via my other clients instead.
Now I am using another NUC (a cheapo TronSmart BJ19) as dedicated player. Now directly used with my USB-DAC (so no SB-touch or PiCorePlayer as client anymore)

Hi Guys,

Just decided to try Daphile. great so far but I can't for the life of me connect my squeezebox account to it for Tidal etc. I tried both regular and RT versions of alpha edition as well as the latest beta. Same thing. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? When I put in my username and password "My Apps" vanishes from the audio player and is replaced with "On my squeezebox.com" in favorites. Clicking on that accomplishes nothing.

Is anyone using daphile with a Paul Yang USB v2 pcie card? I have a gustard x20u which worked fine with my MSI mono USB port with dsd256 native up sampling. With the Paul Yang card I had to drop the quality in the advanced audio section in order for dsd256 to work. Otherwise the music 'stopped' every 5 seconds and the daphile response (screen changes) was very sluggish. But DSD,64 worked OK. The Paul yang card on dsd256 and quality high (as opposed to very high) is a noticeable improvement on the mobo USB and paul yang usb dsd64 with quality 'very high'. My g4400 CPU is running 50% although I think this may well be my problem.

Hi Guys,

Just decided to try Daphile. great so far but I can't for the life of me connect my squeezebox account to it for Tidal etc. I tried both regular and RT versions of alpha edition as well as the latest beta. Same thing. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? When I put in my username and password "My Apps" vanishes from the audio player and is replaced with "On my squeezebox.com" in favorites. Clicking on that accomplishes nothing.
Usually I don't connect to mysqueezebox.com, but I tried it for you in order to check if it still works. I needed to reset my password (I could not remember it from last time), but it works for me. Perhaps you experienced a temporary unavailabilty? Try to log on on the mysqueezebox.com page in order to see if that works. If so, try from Daphile again.